• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Audio problem when using headphone port?

les1989

Lurker
Oct 19, 2014
About a month ago, I started experiencing a problem with the audio on my phone whenever I plug my headphones in.

Upon plugging them in, my phone automatically turns the volume down of its own accord, and when I try and turn it up it immediately turns down again. When I do eventually get the sound to stay on, the song (be it on Spotify or Play Music) will just stop and when I press play again, will start playing through the external speakers.

This hadnt happened until a month ago and at roughly the same time Smart Connect started coming up everytime I plugged my headphones in, when beforehand it never had. I don't know if the two are connected but it seems they might be? I don't know of anyone else has had a similar problem?

Thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones