• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Avail] Complete Stock (T Card Upgrading Method)

Yep. The zip I posted has an extra layer in the way, so when you unzip (extract) the files, open the first folder (Avail T-card) and copy the second (image) to your /sdcard.
I finally found a copy of the infamous T card everybody is talking about! now, I've ran through almost all threads and read as much as possible, and I still haven't figured out how root my avail... it's a 2.3.4, build 19. I don't know what to do.... everything I've tried tells me I can't get root access..... what do I do? I really need to clear this stupid thing of AT&T bloatware.....

Upvote 0
Wow...

I just looked at the "instructions" in the PDF file.

My eyes are still watering.

All of that to say:
  • Unzip the file. Put the 'image' folder and all files in it to the root of the sdcard
  • On your phone, go to settings/about phone/system updates/storage card updates/"OK"

Sheesh. Gotta love it. Could be the "poster child" for real bad translations....

P.S.

This has saved my bacon at least 7 times that I remember (in the last week alone). I likes to mod my phone til it can't work anymore, then I know "I can't DO that"

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones