• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Avoiding Scary Roaming Bills

Hi All, pretty new to my android device so bear with me. My wife and I both have Wildfire S on Orange contract, we are going to Turkey soon, not worried about making or recieving calls whilst there but do want access to all our music and my the odd wi-fi hotspot browsing session.
If I replace our contract sims with payg sims with no credit on, I'm guessing this will enable the phone to power up and do what I want without the risk of any nasty charges.
????? will this work ??????.

Thanks.

Rob.

The EU a bringing in new rules to try to limit roaming charges but as yet Turkey are outside EU and will be for the foreseeable future.

If you need phone service do as chanchan05 says, otherwise just remove the sim. At present I would expect that you have roaming data switched on to allow roaming to T-Mobile UK so make sure you switch that off just before you get on the plane to Turkey.

Reactions: robahob
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones