• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Awesome Android Update 4 Released

First off, this rom is great! It really makes the phone feel snappy which is such a relief.

I do have some comments and opinions for the next version. Feel free to disregard with no hard feelings :)

1. It may be good to leave the music.apk and talk.apk in as they are not replaceable in the play store. This was not a problem for me as I just copied them from junkie2100's Deodexed_Sequent.zip (thanks junkie) to my /system/apps dir, but some may have trouble figuring that out.

2. The visual voicemail app is also missing and I got pretty used to using it. Not a huge deal but just mentioning it. Do you remember the name of the apk so I can replace it? Or, do you know of a free alternative that works with boost?

3. This may be related to removing the voicemail app, but if I go to settings, call, voicemail I get an error:

Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped.

Anyway, thanks for doing this rom. You have made a lot of anxious people very happy :)

Upvote 0
i install task manager when i close all apps some apps stay i ram dont move from task manager i have to force close the app so i dont see it in the task manager no big deal but never happen before any way to fix

Taskmanagers are the devil. Worst thing to run on Android. Android manages its own memory and will make space in ram when needed based on priority

EDIT: next version will have new minfree values to help with RAM.

Reactions: boricuakiller
Upvote 0
New minfree values keeping at least 200. -220mb ram free at all times. Next version will be even faster!
y3y6ypu3.jpg

Upvote 0
somebody might wanna check on the 3g speed with the buildprop tweaks used, it seems a little on the slow side though that may just be due to the time of day. i know its not throttled tho they have never managed to throttle my data because i dont pass through their proxy anymore

every time i reset the phone i get the 3gb data warning 2 days in lol

Upvote 0
somebody might wanna check on the 3g speed with the buildprop tweaks used, it seems a little on the slow side though that may just be due to the time of day. i know its not throttled tho they have never managed to throttle my data because i dont pass through their proxy anymore

every time i reset the phone i get the 3gb data warning 2 days in lol

I didn't tweak 3g data Lol

Upvote 0
Huh, that's strange. The file size matched the upload & I did a factory reset twice, cleared cache, & dalvik cache, no errors on installation. Why would root disappear? I'll download again & try it out. Possibly just a bad flash...

Can u include Swype.apk in ROM? And the boost zone app? That's how I pay my bill lol

For everyone that got it working fine, how is it? Have u tried google now? :)

Oh & someone said this phone has a built in screenshot ability?!How iis that so? What's the combo to take a screenshot? Is there an app? I think I tried it once with button combo someone posted but it didn't do anything. Just turned up my volume & turned off screen hahaha lmk gracias!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones