• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Backup taken via iTunes to PC, how to restore Whatsapp from PC to Android?

designerblr

Lurker
May 19, 2022
Hi all,

I have an iPhone 5 (16GB), and i was using the phone for my business number, which has whatsapp app. Now Whatsapp asked for an update, and when i try updating it, it says: "The latest version of Whatsapp Messenger is not compatible with this device", and now i cannot open whatsapp to go settings, to take back up or even do anything.

What i did was to take the entire iPhone backup on my desktop pc via iTunes, i have my whatsapp set up on an another Android device, with whstapp Business app.

Now how do i restore the whtasapp backup from my pc to the, Whatsapp Business app on Android please?

Looking for a quick solution.

There may not be one. I don't know "WhatsApp Business", but transfer of WhatsApp messages between iOS and Android has long been a problem, because the 2 systems use different formats for their backups. WhatsApp have talked about making this possible, and I believe that some manufacturer-specific solutions are available (iPhone to Samsung or Pixel phones), but as far as I know those are phone-to-phone rather than backup-to-phone transfers, which may or may not help in your current situation.

There may be solutions out there, but I know that a lot of the results you find in a web search are people trying to sell you something. That's not to say that one of them won't work - I've never had to do this, so never dug too deeply - but if that's all you can find I'd do a little research into any solution before paying money for it.

Upvote 0
Unfortunately, it's not possible to restore WhatsApp data directly from an iTunes backup to an Android device. This is because the backup formats used by iTunes and Android devices are different.

However, there are a few workarounds that you can try:

1. If you have an old Android device, you can restore the iTunes backup to that device and then use the built-in backup feature in WhatsApp to create a backup. You can then transfer this backup file to your new Android device and restore it.
  2. You can use a third-party tool such as iSkysoft Toolbox or Dr.Fone - WhatsApp Transfer to transfer WhatsApp data from iTunes backup to your Android device. These tools allow you to extract the WhatsApp data from the iTunes backup and then convert it to a format that is compatible with your Android device.
  3. Another option is to use WhatsApp's built-in "Move to iOS" feature to transfer your WhatsApp data from your Android device to an iPhone. You can then create an iTunes backup of your iPhone and use one of the above methods to transfer the data to your new Android device.
It's worth noting that these methods may not work in all cases, and there is always a risk of data loss when transferring data between different platforms. So, it's always a good idea to backup your data regularly and keep multiple copies in different locations.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones