• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Whatsapp file

spman

Android Enthusiast
Feb 26, 2013
Hi,

My non rooted phone is android version 6.0.1, whatsapp version 2.20.123, Samsung phone, and I saved this WhatsApp/Databases folder msgstore-2020-01-25.1.db.crypt12 to my PC a long time ago.

1. Today if I change a new non rooted phone Samsung Galaxy A12 and install whatsapp latest version, can I restore msgstore-2020-01-25.1.db.crypt12 to my new phone?

2. Today if I change a new non rooted phone Samsung Galaxy A12 and install whatsapp latest version, can I restore Google drive whatsapp backup done on 22 Jan 2020 to my new phone?

3. After I restore msgstore-2020-01-25.1.db.crypt12 to my new phone Samsung Galaxy A12, how to restore to newest local backup so i have all the past message history until latest today history?

4. How to download the whatsapp backup files from google drive and save into my pc? It seems like no way to download it. It seems like only whatsapp app can use it during installation setup.

Thank you.

Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones