• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help restore messages to new phone?

spman

Android Enthusiast
Feb 26, 2013
Hello,

SMS messages and Call logs are auto scheduled backup to google drive via [SMS Backup & Restore] app daily at 1AM.
Whatsapp messages are auto scheduled backup via [Whatsapp] app to google drive daily at 2AM.
I also have enabled google account backup but not sure when is the backup done since it does not let user select daily/weekly/time.

Example:
In my old phone
01 Jan 2022 1AM Last auto backup of [SMS Backup & Restore] app
01 Jan 2022 2AM Last auto backup of [Whataspp] app
01 Jan 2022 7AM New incoming unread SMS received
01 Jan 2022 7AM New incoming missed call received
01 Jan 2022 7AM New incoming unread whatsapp received
01 Jan 2022 9AM Phone is faulty completed black unable to switch on (the three 01 Jan 2022 7AM New incoming unread sms/call/whatsapp is still unread when phone is faulty)

Question: I want to restore everything into a new phone
How to let these three 01 Jan 2022 7AM unread items appear in new phone?
01 Jan 2022 7AM New incoming unread SMS received
01 Jan 2022 7AM New incoming missed call received
01 Jan 2022 7AM New incoming unread whatsapp received

Thanks

Last edited:
the backups should be files. i never have done this so i am only assuming.....but... move the files onto the new phone. i am assuming you can just create a new folder. install sms backup and have sms backup restore using the files that were moved by finding the folder that they were moved to. i never have used whatsapp, but i am assuming it is the same thing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones