• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bad sound with the use of bluetooth ear-peace

Edwin12345

Lurker
Feb 10, 2017
I have problems with my CAT S60.

I use a bluetooth earpiece for calling in combination with the S60. I got a carshop and got during work calls. to get the work done by 2 hands i use the ear-peace.

The talks are often difficult to hear, is choppy, suing the other side of the line that I cry when I do not talk loud, echo or I sound like a robot.I have tried a Plantronics, even got a new one with latest software, Samsung and Jabra.
The Plantronics was used also by my old Samsung S5 with no problems at all...

The phone has been studied for in germany by Datrepar (the repair center for CAT), but can not reproduce the problem. Got it back and having the same problems
i asked to know which brand and model they have used to test this because it seems to work well.
I would like to buy this type.
CAT support directed met to the repair center for my question. The breve awnser i got was:
We used 2 CAT phones to test the bluetooth.
when i asked why the did not used an ear-pece thy send me back to CAT

it is a great phone but by this i am a bit done with my first CAT phone...

Anyone has the same problems using bluetooth ear-peaces? Or having tips or tricks?

greetings, and thanks,
Edwin

I had a the same problem. Sometimes the problem was because I was paired to two devices and they started interfering with each other. As of last week it started giving me problems, people I talk to on the phone said I had a terrible it was breaking up. Factory data reset for the miracle worker. No issues since.

Upvote 0
This happens to me when I play Bluetooth audio through the car. Particularly bad when I use GPS. I found that if I move the phone away from the front to the back seat and leave it there for a minute or so, it gets better and stays that way for the whole trip. I haven't tried it with a headset yet however I have a Bluetooth speaker and that works flawlessly. All in all a good phone and I love it.

Upvote 0
How to do this?
Wifi off works a lot. i found out earlyer
It is a setting on the Plantronics app. But that did a lot to make the sound WORSE on my part, so I enabled it again. Got a reply from CAT support that I have tried now, with no calls to try the quality on, I cant say if it worked.

Dear Rune Eriksson,
Thank you for contacting CatPhones Support and for showing interest in our phones.
Regarding your email, this is where you may access Bluetooth app if you did not find it before:
If after this, it does not work, please try the following:

1. Tap on Settings.
2. Tap on Apps.
3. Tap on 3 dots on the right upper corner.
4. Tap on Show System.
5. Tap on Bluetooth.
6. Tap on Force Stop
7. Tap on Clear data and Clear Cache.
8. Restart Phone.

Your device should work accordingly.

Regarding the GPS, try altering the location mode in your settings, for that we would like to recommend you do the following:

Tap on Settings-
Scroll down to Personal, tap on Location Tap on "Mode"
Set it to 'high accuracy' (if it already is, change it and then change it back).

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Yours sincerely,

Pamela
CatPhones Support

ref:_00Dj01o5yW._5000aTzBCS:ref

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi All,

We are experiencing the same poor audio quality when making calls using hands free Bluetooth calls in company vehicles. This is across 8 devices in the company with audio problems occurring in different manufacturer vehicles. The reason point to the CAT S60 handsetcant work out what is causing this.

Have raised with CAT Phone support and they too mentioned a similar resolution (see below). This has not improved audio quality whatsoever unfortunatley and our FSE's rely on making/receiving calls in their vehicles on a daily. Can anyone on the forum help us with a fix for this problem. Thanks in advance.

Dear Mr Dhimar,

Thank you for contacting CATPhones Support.
I can advise that in some cases clearing cache data has been found to improve Bluetooth quality.
> Go to Settings.
> Go to Apps
> Click the three vertical dots in the top right hand corner.
> Choose Show System
> Go to Bluetooth Share
> Click Storage
> Choose Clear Cache

Bluetooth is an open standard so if it is connecting, then the handset is working, however this looks like an interoperability issue. The manufacturer of the car kit must conduct compatibility testing to ensure their solution will work with handsets, however they tend to conduct very limited testing and only on manufacturers of high volume handsets. We would recommend you visit the manufacturer website for your car and check which compatibility tests have been done. If we are not on the list, it means the manufacturer has not conducted testing and their device has not been optimised for use with a CATPhone and may cause the user issues..

If you have any further questions then please do not hesitate to contact us.
Kind regards,
Michelle
CATPhones Support
ref:_00Dj01o5yW._5000aTzlRp:ref

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones