• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

bank apps and CM

Bank websites may work with a browser, like the stock CM one or Chrome or something. Although certain banks if they detect you're using a phone or something, a mobile device, they might redirect you to downloading their apps, either Android or iPhone, which don't work on rooted, modified or jailbroken devices of course.

For information; of my bank accounts, China Merchant's Bank, I must use their app if I want to use my phone. Even forcing desktop mode in the browser doesn't work, because their desktop site requires a CMB browser plug-in, which is Windows or macOS only.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I reflashed stock with the Nexus Toolkit. At least I know how to use it now. CM was ok but it wasnt that great and I need all apps to work. Maybe someday there will be custom ROMs that work differently and are as secure as
stock. I played around with several ROMs...one froze the machine, one backup didnt load correctly, the Nexus
soft bricked during the re stock process the first time.... but the toolkit worked finally. Its a good app. No doubt.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones