• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Basic Questions

rezarxt

Lurker
Oct 18, 2010
Hey guys,

Ordered my DX and it comes on thursday. Im trying to gather information about how to root it. From what I have come up with the one click method is the best for me and least likely that Ill mess it up. My questions are about after I root it.

I see a lot of people talking about the need to back up your dx when you root it. Why and how do I go about doing this?

What are ROMs? I see people talking about them. Are they something you must install after you root your phone in order to allow you admin access?

What do I need inorder to delete my unwanted apps? How do I get APPs/new wallpapers just for rooted phones? Are they on the normal market or do you have to find them someplace else?

If anyone has a thread that explains the whole process of rooting in stupid people terms Id appreciate it. Also a step by step explanation would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Reactions: rezarxt
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones