• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

battery and rotting questions

Cj 1951

Oct 3, 2017
I have had this phone for 28 months and it was Pk. 8 months ago I started having battery issues, meaning it would only last 4 hours or so. So I bought a new battery and a charger. Thinking that I would always have a battery ready to go. The last 3 months have been horrendous. IIt would be fully charged when I woke up and within 3 hours it would shut down and not reboot unless it was plugged in. Both batteries acted the same.
decided to change phones and chose a Note 9. I am amazed at the battery life of it vs. the lg. Even when the llg was new. Granted. the Samsung has a 25% bigger battery. Sill the note will last all day, vs 3 hours, with all the usual apps running.
In talking with the ATT rep at the store, he remarked jh had heard and read that phone manufacturers have a counter built in. After 1000 charges it would only charge to 75%, yet the gauge would show 100% The reason for doing that, is as a battery would age, it would get hot and maybe overheat to the level that it may cause a fire.
I am in the automotive tool industry and touched base with 2 manufacturers . They kind of agreed that made sense. Although their tools seldom get that many charges and they always have a separate charger.
So that is my 1st question. Has anybody heard of that before.
The reps suggestion was to root the lg, removing all of the software and laying in a new OS. I like to do that kind of thing, so the 2nd question is a good source of cideos to root this android phone and lay in a new os. O have nothing to lose amd if successful, recover 1 good phone to use as a backup.
Thanks in advance/

Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones