• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery/charging issues.

mcnob

May 14, 2010
Last night my desire decided to start shutting down when I plugged the charger in and it would take a battery drop out to get it to restart. Even then, it was getting stuck in a boot loop and wouldn't even let me into recovery.

I've changed to a more established rom as I thought Cyanogen might be the problem but it's still playing up intermittently. The battery charging light even started flashing orange last night with the phone off and would not boot at all. Took some fiddling to sort.

Anyone had similar issues cos I've googled but only found one forum post relating to the flashing light issue. Is my charging circuit on the way out maybe?!?!

If you are using custom ROM's, I'd recommend DeFrosT 4.0. It is uber stable for me and battery use is very good for now. I wouldn't be surprised if that flashing light is a software issue. If you are looking at a warranty issue, you will have to reinstall the original RUU before sending it back and you will lose root in the process. I'd explore other options first.

Upvote 0
Every time I read threads like this I get a warm feeling.

Protip: Don't root.

Too many apps and not enough space.......even with the rubbishy Apps2SD which ain't worth a toss when compared with A2SD+.

All my apps with a2sd+ = 100Mb free
All my apps with Apps2SD = 12Mb free

This is why we root.

I don't think it's got anything to do with the actual ROM upgrade, it was just bad timing or it may have been kicked off by the fact that I connected to my netbook. Whatever it is, it's got me worried. Am I sitting on an HTC Timebomb?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones