• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery discharges right after unplugging it

peleato

Lurker
Oct 26, 2011
Hi all!

I bought my Infuse less than a month ago. So far, I am really pleased, but that might have something to do with the fact that this is my first smartphone :p

I've been having issues with my battery in the past week. I have a battery widget so it was easy for me to notice it. In the previous days, after leaving my phone charging overnight, it wouldn't mark a 100% in the morning before being unplugged; it would show 70 to 80% and still charging. But today the phone showed 100% while it was plugged and immediately after unplugging it, the battery went down to 36%!!

Anyone knows what might be happening? My phone has Froyo, unrooted.

Thanks!

What widget are you using? Have you tried another widget to see if you get the same result?
If you check the battery % in the phone settings (i think its menu-settings-about phone) does it say the same thing as the widget?

I had a battery do this to me with my captivate. Charge to 100% unplug and drop to 25-30%. Went to att and they gave me a new battery.

Upvote 0
What widget are you using? Have you tried another widget to see if you get the same result?
If you check the battery % in the phone settings (i think its menu-settings-about phone) does it say the same thing as the widget?

I had a battery do this to me with my captivate. Charge to 100% unplug and drop to 25-30%. Went to att and they gave me a new battery.

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm using one called Battery Widget by geekyouup. It does show the same percentage as in the phone settings.

Did changing the battery solve the problem for you?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones