• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery use not showing after fully charged

_wigfield_

Jul 11, 2022
I charge my phone up just before i go to bed, and when i look at my phone in the morning 8 hours later its still on 100% when i look at battery usage its not showing anything. for anything to show up i have to clear the data of device care services. this happens everytime i charge the phone.

Not sure I understand the problem. I leave my phone on its charging cradle overnight and have zero issues.

So you say you charge the phone before you go to bed. After it's charged up, do you take it off the charger?

As for battery usage, are you looking at the stats from your phone's settings? Or are you talking about your percentage on your notification bar at the top of your phone?

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
@ocnbrze I'm not talking about leaving it on charge over night. I mainly charge my phone before i go to bed once it's fully charged i unplug it. When i get up in the morning it's still saying fully charged at 100% i know that can't be right so i look at device care battery usage its showing its not used anything, again i know that isn't right. I can use the phone and nothing comes up in battery usage.

Upvote 0
well maybe that is the case. why are you doubting what it is saying? android does a pretty good job at shutting things down when things are not needed. if i leave it off the charger for long periods of time, it will barely loose charge. so its not far fetched to assume that over night nothing is draining the battery.

Upvote 0
well maybe that is the case. why are you doubting what it is saying? android does a pretty good job at shutting things down when things are not needed. if i leave it off the charger for long periods of time, it will barely loose charge. so its not far fetched to assume that over night nothing is draining the battery.

Like i said i know for a fact that apps are working in the background, i dont charge it every night so the times i don't charge it at night i see the battery percent goes down over night and the battery usage has apps showing. it's only when it's been put on charge this happens.

Could be a software bug in the A52s that Samsung needs to fix? Especially given that there's two reports here of the same apparent problem with this device.

Definitely sounds like there is a bug if it's happening to some else.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones