• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Battery Drain Issue

jeffrj4au

Sep 2, 2012
I have a SG3 and I was using an app yesterday to listen to a football game and the battery was draining very quickly. I even hooked it up to my car with the USB cable, but it was still draining the battery. When I got home, I charged it to 100% and didn't use it again. Before I went to bed I decided to clear out all the running apps. When I got up this morning, the battery was at 63%. That was a 37% drainage while asleep in about 8 hours. I'm an ex iphone user and most of the time I'd still have 100% the next morning after charging. Does anyone know what could have happened to cause this? I tried several things but it still kept draining. I decided to use the factory data reset to just start all over. I've had the phone a few days, so it wasn't a big deal since I don't have many apps. So I fixed the problem for now, but does anyone have any idea what might have caused this issue? I was pretty advanced with using the iPhone, so this is a little different for me.

Yeah, live wallpapers drain extra juice as well. To help with battery drainage try lowering the brightness, make sure to turn off GPS, WIFI, Mobile data when not in use. Don't use task killers either as they use more juice and do harm to your device.
If that app you're using is misbehaving you could go to running services and close out that app if that's the battery hog or go to Settings and see what's been using the most battery.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones