• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery drain since latest update

So I updated yesterday (29 May) to the multi-window version of 4.1.2. Ever since then, my battery has been draining at an abnormally fast rate. Just took it off the charger at 7:00 this morning. At 7:22, I'm at 93%. I noticed yesterday (and this morning) that the biggest drain is Media. Last night, it was around 42%. Now, Media is using 72%. CPU total is 15m 15s, Stay awake is 13m 51s. I have powered off and pulled the battery but that doesn't help. I'm hoping to avoid a factory data reset if possible. What could be causing Media to run this much? Prior to the update, it was in the low teens. I have done nothing different, and I'm not rooted. Thanks for any advice!

I agree and disabled the function in settings, though additional drain seems to happen.

This update so far IMO seems a net negative. Takes up more storage space and a bunch of fluff. Appreciate the effort, but somehow think the update was not just good will.

Hoping my opinion changes at least to a net neutral over the next few days.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones