• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I just got the Precedent, had for about 3 days. Good phone I like the Android OS. I have noticed one issue that I need some advice on. The battery last about 12 hours. IS that a good timeframe for the battery? I've installed a task killer app, to make sure I don't have apps running continuously in the background.

Is there an app, or something I can use to extend the battery a little longer?

Actually 12 hours is pretty decent. I had a vibrant before this and I would get lucky with 8hrs with a stock rom. From the market u can try juice defender. Its the industry standard to save battery. In my case I don't need more than 10 he's of battery so I don't use it any more. I just maintain my brightness as low as I can tolerate and I use system panel paid version as a task manager.

Upvote 0
I would be thrilled to have twelve hours... mine dies after three. Please understand I DO
like this phone and it's features but....how many samsung employees would be pleased with a phone that has only three or four hours battery life? I actually called them and asked. And,yes I know how to kill running aps and do power management and yes
gps, bluetooth,and wi-fi are off. I am hoping the ap that this thread suggest's helps ;but c'mon...four hours? that's just nonsense!! i'll go back to Nokia before I'll put up with that even tho I prefer android os.

Upvote 0
Cpu controle, flash arearom or cyogen mod and run this, use the profiles n set ur screen off and in call mhz down to 480 but always use on demand in arearom. Cyogen mod needs preformance. Also cyogenmod in settings cmsettings preformace. Set vm heap to 32mb and reboot. Your phone will act like it has more ram now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones