• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery only charges if battery reinserted

nexusonefan

Lurker
Aug 15, 2011
My note 2 seems to have developed a battery charging issue. Plugging the cable in has no effect, the battery icon is unchanged, but if I plug in the cable and then take out and put back the battery it charges every time. I then turn on the phone and it is charging fine. Same thing happens the next day though.

I don't think this is a dodgy port issue because the battery popping trick works every time.

Do I need a new battery?

Two things you can try IMO.

1. Run the battery down until it shuts off, then charge it back to 100% without interruption.

2. Factory reset.

Obviously #1 is without risk, but #2 will require setting up your phone again. If you're rooted, you could backup your apps and make a backup in recovery, so in case it didn't help, you could restore your phone back to the way it was before wiping.

Have you abused your usb port to where you think that might be a problem?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones