• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Battery (or software) problem

Hi!

I've bought a HTC Desire two months ago and I started having the following problem:

My phone always dies before the battery reaches 10%, usually between 15% and 10%.
When the phone is charged after dying, it starts from 0% and it usually goes from 88-90% to 100% instantly, the outer led turning to green.
I thought ok, this may be a battery bug, until this evening when I charged my phone from 0 to 15%, had to leave and it wend dead again at 12%.

Has anybody had this issue before?

I use the Quick Battery widget for displaying this (I don't think that causes any problems).

Thank you!

I don't think it's the widget, as that simply reports what the phone thinks is the battery charge more accurately than the status bar icon.
I'd seriously be looking at calibrating your battery, the symptoms suggest that the phone's calibration has drifted at both ends so that it cannot accurately report the correct state of charge.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=755903
I did this last year, when my battery was starting to complain in the evening, and got quite an improvement.

Reactions: steli89
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones