• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery Percentage

Why do you think it is that Google doesn't include the ability to place battery percentage rather than a generic battery icon in the status bar? Apple gives the option to turn it on or off. I know there are ways to make it happen if you are rooted, but shouldn't this be something that is included by the 12th version of it's operating system?

I'm really disappointed that Google doesn't include this as an option in settings, or better yet as default.

Upvote 0
Why do you think it is that Google doesn't include the ability to place battery percentage rather than a generic battery icon in the status bar?

They do, but it's up to the OEMs if they make use of it. Sony devices give users the option of displaying the % remaining within the battery pictograph, for example.

Upvote 0
They do, but it's up to the OEMs if they make use of it. Sony devices give users the option of displaying the % remaining within the battery pictograph, for example.

I've owned a Droid Incredible (HTC), a Galaxy Nexus (Samsung) and a Droid Maxx (Motorola). None of those OEM's allowed us to use it. I just thought it was a Google OS thing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones