BatterySupport

Last Updated:

1. cagey77

cagey77 Active Member This Topic's Starter

The battery is killing me on this phone. I have it set to the optimal settings and still my battery drains. I look into advanced task killer and it has all these applications open and i didnt even open them to be used. What is going on here? Any suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

there is a task killer built into the phone some people were saying atk was actually killing their battery worse then if they didnt use it at all

3. cagey77

I have just uninstalled advanced task killer. I hope it helps.

4. sanjeeva7

sanjeeva7 Well-Known Member

What is your display set to? Auto? 0?

5. cagey77

0. the lowest setting

6. pitbullguy

pitbullguy Member

Do you have weatherbug? I found by taking the widget down and setting it to manually update drastically improved my battery life. I was draining 10% an hour. I'm still at 90% today with light usage and having the phone on for almost 5 hours.

7. cagey77

No i don't have weather bug.

8. Clittzen

Clittzen Well-Known Member

Call or go into verizon and get battery tested, and ask for a warranty replacement for the battery.

9. cagey77

The funny thing is I already did that. The second battery is just as bad as the first. It's getting really annoying have to keep my phone plugged into the charger.

10. filtercubed

filtercubed Member

seems weird even with my phone set to automatic display and what not im still getting about 14+ hours out of this phone on one charge. I use my phone I would say moderately throughout the day and I do agree that ATK drains the battery more so this was taken off my phone on day one. Also I was using live wallpapers and that alone was draining my battery way too fast. After getting rid of those and tailoring when updates occur for all my widgets everything has been going well for me now since launch.

11. just4747

just4747 Well-Known Member

SAME exact thing as me man, literally. I tried everything to optimize battery like lowest brightness, kill all push data apps like email, FB etc, factory reset with no added apps...and after all that didn't work, I had VZW send me a replacement battery. A few days later now, and same story..so it's clearly not the batteries unless they are both bad which I doubt. I go from 100% battery at 8 am, drop to 90 in minutes or so...then down to dead well before the end of the work day at 5 usually. I just watch the percentage drop, it's sad. Tried different charging cables too and "conditioning/calibrating" the battery readings.

So frustrated. So I called VZW again today trying to get a replacement phone, and since I bought it at Best Buy, they are sending me a (probably new) refurb, so I REALLY HOPE this is the end of this because the phone is perfect otherwise.

By the way, I had the software update and rooted mine, but the problems were there since day 1 before all that too. Something's going on with this phone's software or the hardware is hit or miss, I don't know. Everyone should be aware of this legitimate problem we are having.

I'll keep you updated for sure man, but I'd say try to get the phone replaced as much as it sucks. You can back everything up with Titanium and Google (for contacts) anyway.

12. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

You have the Moto weather widget on your Home screen? That thing turn my battery into phone noms. Also, its probably obvious, but the animated backgrounds kill the battery pretty quick too. Yesterday I was at 70% when I went to bed at 10

13. sleepsafe

sleepsafe Well-Known Member

I recently installed a battery widget that required calibrating to report accurately battery life left. To do this you had to fully charge the battery, and then let it completely discharge. I don't use this phone as a laptop. I make calls, check and write email, occasionally surf the web, send and receive text messages. Time from fully charged to when the phone FINALLY shut off due to battery discharge was an incredible 52 hours...yep had it on, used and didn't charge it from Fri morning till Sun afternoon. I for one won't complain about battery life with this phone.

14. BonJoviGirl

BonJoviGirl Well-Known Member

What widget is it called, did you get it from the market?

15. Helicrewchief

Helicrewchief Well-Known Member

I would like to know as well please.

16. sleepsafe

sleepsafe Well-Known Member

It's called "Battery Left", I think I got it from the market. Maybe just a Google search, but it's here, and it's free.
    [​IMG]

Helicrewchief and BonJoviGirl like this.
  17. Big_Meech

Big_Meech Member

I'll give you some of my settings. I was getting 6 hours to the charge with little to no use. After I used these new settings I got 20 hours(still 10% left), and I watched Kick Ass(full movie), some music, wireless tethering(hour or 2), apps, web browsing, etc. I did a Bluetooth File Transfer for movie too.

Sound & Display:
    Volumes: Max
    Animation: Some
    Brightness: 0
    Screen Timeout: 1 minute
    Regular Wallpaper(no live)

Data Manager->Data Delivery->Email and Corporate Sync:
    Email Delivery
    Data Push: Disabled
    Fetch Schedule: 4 hours
    Sync over Wi-Fi: Enabled(when you open app it'll look for new emails)

Social Applications:
    Sync over Wif only: Enabled

GPS: Enabled

Application->Development
    Stay Awake: Enabled(Screen doesn't turn off while charging)

Battery Manager:
    Smart Mode

Off-Peak Hours
    1:00am-9:20am
    Data Timeout:
    15 mins
    Peak Hours
    Data Timeout: Never(you can change this)
    Auto-Bright: 0

Those are my settings. After, I switched I went from 6 hours of Battery Life to over 20 hours.

18. john0821

john0821 Well-Known Member

Just go to your battery manager setting and go from 'performance' to 'battery saver' and you'll have improved battery life.

19. GMANLIVE

GMANLIVE Active Member

I have had my X since last week and when I first got it , the battery lasted forever. Now all of a sudden the last two days it will go down fast. Is there a way to reset the battery memory or something like that??

20. Helicrewchief

Helicrewchief Well-Known Member

Thank you that widget is really awesome. I just did the calibration today.

My settings are very close to yours. I do have my email set to push and sync every hour. I do need them a little more often than 4 hours. Also on the data timeout during peak hours I can change it. I have it set to 15 mins as well.