• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Beats by Dre software???

Beats = bass coloration. Worst yet, you are stuck with the headphones that was provided. No thanks. I much prefer a flat response coupled with a nice earphone. For me, i like Klipsch X10i...but YMMV.

This is simply not true. Beats does more than just enhance bass. I've listened to all types of music on my rezound and I hear things with the beats tech that I didn't with my other phones.

Also, the beats tech works with ANY headphone, not just the iBeats the rezound comes with. Yes, that means you can use your klipsch X10i and still benefit from the beats enhancement.

Upvote 0
5 band equalizer w/ bass boost and 3d effects, plus, a host of presets.

Screenshot_2011-12-14-15-06-38.png

Screenshot_2011-12-14-15-06-50.png

Upvote 0
Does anyone know if the software can be copied over to the Nexus? I know some people don't care for it but I like it. I like me Rezound a lot but my hotspot keeps cutting off on me after about 10-15 minutes so I may switch. Thanks!

I wouldn't really worry about it. ICS has a built-in 5-band EQ with several presets in the stock music player. You can also download PlayerPro and their DSP pack to get a 10-band EQ. It will be only a matter of time when HTC/Beats release their API for others to incorporate into their music players.

Upvote 0
This is simply not true. Beats does more than just enhance bass. I've listened to all types of music on my rezound and I hear things with the beats tech that I didn't with my other phones.

Also, the beats tech works with ANY headphone, not just the iBeats the rezound comes with. Yes, that means you can use your klipsch X10i and still benefit from the beats enhancement.

What exactly are you hearing? Because beats is primarily bass and gimmick. What you are probably hearing is surround-sound effect that makes the music sound "unique" but when you really start to listen to it, it makes it sound way colored and novel.

You'd be better off just eq'ing your phone with eq. Better results.

Upvote 0
I wouldn't really worry about it. ICS has a built-in 5-band EQ with several presets in the stock music player. You can also download PlayerPro and their DSP pack to get a 10-band EQ. It will be only a matter of time when HTC/Beats release their API for others to incorporate into their music players.

Why would HTC release something that's a selling point for their proprietary devices? This will never happen. But since everyone here is so convinced that beats is nothing more than a gimmick, why would you even want it?

Upvote 0
What exactly are you hearing? Because beats is primarily bass and gimmick. What you are probably hearing is surround-sound effect that makes the music sound "unique" but when you really start to listen to it, it makes it sound way colored and novel.

You'd be better off just eq'ing your phone with eq. Better results.

I've used dsp manager, and proplayer with its equalizer and no setting in either produced the same sound quality that the beats tech in my rezound has. I guess I like my sound way colored and novel. And if beats gives me that then it is a benefit to me. It's no different than those that prefer the super saturated colors of a super amoled display. It may not be as realistic but if you like it then its a benefit to you.

There are many great things about the GNex. That's why I'm here. May consider switching. But I've had the rezound long enough that I honestly will miss beats if I do make the switch.

Upvote 0
Does anyone know if the software can be copied over to the Nexus? I know some people don't care for it but I like it. I like me Rezound a lot but my hotspot keeps cutting off on me after about 10-15 minutes so I may switch. Thanks!

it's trademarked, so no, unless you're a hacker geek.

it's nothing more than an equalizer that has dr dre's name on it that boosts bass to an obnoxious level for all the g-dogs.

Upvote 0
I'll throw in my 2 cents as a previous Rezound owner (who did, in fact, like the beats headphones and integration).

Pro's for the Rezound: You get it out of the box for the same price... a decent set of headphones (not worth their street price for their value, but still decent), and a pre-set equalizer (basically what the "beats" integration gives you).

What I have done on my Nexus that easily beats this setup with far more flexiblity: I bought a good set of headphones of my choice & price range (in my case I'm now using the Monster Turbines), and took some time to set the 5 band equalizer to my taste (started with the Rock profile and adjusted up the bass bands slightly and flattened the middle a bit). I also turned off the bass boost (didn't like the sound), and turned the "3d" surround mode way down.

So... after a little more setup, I have a sound system that in my opinion is a) a ton more expandable and adjustable than beats (you can completely customize the equalizer), and b) sounds even better.

Just my 2 cents.... but proof (if that's what you needed), that the Nexus can easily sound as good or much better than the Rezound.

Upvote 0

I know alot of folks don't talk kindly about Beats but I had the Rezound and I found the Beats to be tastefully done. I now have the Nexus and the audio quality is just not as good as the Rezound. This is just my opinion so take it for what it is worth! :rolleyes:

reimerj

Upvote 0

When you plug in the headphones, the phone recognizes that you've got Beats. When you turn on the software algorithm, it really boosts the sound, specifically boosting the bass and creating louder, fuller, and heavier audio.

To activate the Beats algorithm, simply plug in the Beats earbuds to the phone. Then play a song from the music player. You'll see the Beats logo pop up in the notification tray. From there you can either enable or disable the Beats software. When enabled, the audio sounds instantly louder, with a much deeper bass. Whether this is a good thing depends on your choice of music. For hip-hop and R&B, deep bass is a good thing. For classical music, maybe not.
its from cnet.

it doesnt work with any headphone, when ur device detect beats earbuds, it boost bass by software.
u can get similar softwares in apps, and also can get earbuds that can support it. (i mean who uses default software anyway.)
its good rezounds provide good quality headphone than standard one, but ppl who cares about music in their priority usually have one of those good headphones already anyway. (im using Klipsch Image S4 past 1 1/2 yrs.)

check out head fi forum (Head-Fi.org - Headphone forums and reviews for audiophiles) and try to bragg about beats headphones. or just search for beats :D then you will see what i mean.

Reactions: Connectz
Upvote 0
gsmarena tested audio quality of both GNex and sensation XL.
there's no test result for rezound so i used sensation XL's test result since it has beats by dr dre.

frequency response

GNEX +0.11/-0.69 (+0.41/-0.61-headphone)
gsmarena_a001.png

Sensation XL +3.35/-0.42 (+3.77/-0/54 headphone)
gsmarena_a001.png

Sensation XL is much louder for sure, but when it comes to equal loudness (treats all sounds equally, so you hear the music as it was recorded, which is what a good piece of audio equipment should do)

Noise level (higher the signal-to-noise ratio, the less obtrusive the background noise, hence the reproducing equipment is of a higher quality)

GNex -90.6 (-89.5 headphone)
Sensation XL -85.2(-80.2 headphone)

Dynamic range (larger the dynamic range the better the device performs at reproducing quiet and loud sounds simultaneously.)

GNex 90.6 (89.5 headphone)
Sensation XL 87.2 (81.2)

Total Harmony distortion & Intermodulation distortion
( a measure of the unwanted altering of the original signals so the lower the number, the better the sound reproduction)

GNex 0.0085 THD (0.097 THD with headphone) 0.014 IMD+noise (0.267 IMD+noise with headphone)
Sensation XL 0.025 THD(0.072 THD with headphone) 0.084 IMD+noise (0.569 IMD+noise with headphone)

Stereo crosswork (the higher the absolute value, the better the stereo.)
GNex -90.8 (-63.5 headphone)
Sensation XL -75.1 (-64.2)

Samsung Galaxy Nexus review: Opening new doors - GSMArena.com
HTC Sensation XL review: Music and the beast - GSMArena.com

real audiophiles know that it's the perfectly clean, untouched audio output that makes a great music player.

so still believe rezound's audio is better??

If you pay closer attention, you might notice a suspicious resemblance between the results produced by the Samsung handsets and the iPod unit we were testing. We were caught off guard too and we even thought we had some kind of a problem with our test setup. But after we checked on the matter, it turned out that Samsung are in fact supplying Apple with audio processors.

so I guess if GNex's audio is so bad lol i hope u throw away ur IPOD too.

Upvote 0

Forgot about this thread...You better do more research. X10i will not work. Beats is bogus...and fake enhancement for bass and loudness lovers.

Upvote 0
I know alot of folks don't talk kindly about Beats but I had the Rezound and I found the Beats to be tastefully done. I now have the Nexus and the audio quality is just not as good as the Rezound. This is just my opinion so take it for what it is worth! :rolleyes:

reimerj

Get a good set of headphones & adjust your equalizer on the Nexus. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. The really nice thing about Beats is that it sets up the equalizer for people (and let's face it.. a LOT of people probably don't want to mess with an equalizer). But after you realize that its much better to adjust on your own (as in you can actually tailor to match your listening preferences), I think you'll see that the Nexus really does shine for quality.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones