• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Behold 2 Recovery Image

lushmoney

Mar 1, 2010
Hey all. Just got the behold 2 today and rooted it, and put the galaxy port on it. I've searched EVERYWHERE to try and get a custom recovery image installed but nothing seems to work, as this phone doesnt seem to have fastboot at all, so Im lost. I wanted to try to put the GalaxHero ROM on my phone but I cant get anything working because I cant get a recovery image. Is there anyone that has a behold 2 with something better than 1.5 installed on it, cuz I need my navigation and other 1.6 / 2.0 features. Coming from a G1, and would really like to get some custom stuff on here, but every single tutorial I've read about installing a new recovery screen, NOTHING WORKS!! I saw on youtube someone with a behold with 2.0 eclair on it, and did their instructions word for word, but still get errors because the apparent fastboot of send and power together does not load fastboot, just loads phone normally. please help if ya can. Thanks!

Hey all. Just got the behold 2 today and rooted it, and put the galaxy port on it. I've searched EVERYWHERE to try and get a custom recovery image installed but nothing seems to work, as this phone doesnt seem to have fastboot at all, so Im lost. I wanted to try to put the GalaxHero ROM on my phone but I cant get anything working because I cant get a recovery image. Is there anyone that has a behold 2 with something better than 1.5 installed on it, cuz I need my navigation and other 1.6 / 2.0 features. Coming from a G1, and would really like to get some custom stuff on here, but every single tutorial I've read about installing a new recovery screen, NOTHING WORKS!! I saw on youtube someone with a behold with 2.0 eclair on it, and did their instructions word for word, but still get errors because the apparent fastboot of send and power together does not load fastboot, just loads phone normally. please help if ya can. Thanks!

Here is a project to update the galaxy to 2.1, you can help the cause here:

gaosp - Project Hosting on Google Code

Upvote 0
The community has only just figured out how to flash modified ROM images, but the recovery ROM is still locked out. There is no known way to flash it - yet.

The BH2 has just enough hardware/firmware differences to make it incompatible with all other ROMs, including the Galaxy and Spica. There are ports of the system files and apps from the Galaxy, but nothing that can change the Android version.

When these hurdles are overcome expect there to be a branch of GAOSP and other Galaxy projects dedicated to the BH2.

Upvote 0
I've been looking around a lot, I rooted my Behold 2, and I can't find a recovery image that says whether it works with the behold 2 or not. I'd be really thankful if anyone can give me the name of a good recovery Image that definitely works for the Behold 2.
Thanks a lot.
(If I missed something while digging through the threads looking, I'm sorry for asking this question, but I did look for quite a long time otherwise I wouldn't bother you guys for this)
-Kn0t

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones