• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Best accessory to prevent screen shattering?

isoelectric

Jul 1, 2010
My screen shattered. It dropped three feet onto a hard floor, hit a phone corner and that was it.

Its sent it in to HTC to get repaired but I do NOT want this to happen again. These phones are ridiculously fragile (to a fault) and I would like to know the best case/accessory to stop simple, minor impacts from wrecking the phone. Are there good cases out there which will protect the screen? Like ones elevate the bulk of the phone so that the impacts won't strike the glass?

I had it in a pretty sturdy, magnetized flap case pictured below but it somehow managed to slip out. I'd like a more permanent option or rugged if possible

2w3t8aw.jpg

Are there good cases out there which will protect the screen? Like ones elevate the bulk of the phone so that the impacts won't strike the glass?
The BodyGlove case is probably the bulkiest. The area around the screen is high enough to make using the optical joystick a little inconvenient, and the back is several mm thick so it sits well above the camera lens. Unfortunately it's all hard plastic except for some flocking inside the back and a rubberized surface coating, so I don't know about the impact resistance.

Upvote 0
mine was on my lap and dropped out of the car when I got out an onto the concrete under my car...fortunately it did not crack or break. The back case came off and i got a couple of knicks on the edges; my first one got wet in my bag after I put it under my chair at the pool and forgot that I was dripping water through the slats of my chair which got into the bag; I am so not having good luck lately with these

Upvote 0
Sure makes that BB look like Santa Claus. For an Incredible maybe make one with a bubblewrap door for the screen area? A fun video would be "Best phone case ever"... wrap up a phone in bubble wrap in a MAJOR way and then take it outside and THROW IT FULL FORCE ACROSS A PARKING LOT. LOL.

I think I'm going to grab a $4 dummy phone off eBay and do this just for the shock factor.. Like show me use my real Incredible, then cut to me wrapping the display model, hahaha.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones