Best accessory to prevent screen shattering?Accessories

Last Updated:

1. isoelectric

isoelectric Active Member This Topic's Starter

My screen shattered. It dropped three feet onto a hard floor, hit a phone corner and that was it.

Its sent it in to HTC to get repaired but I do NOT want this to happen again. These phones are ridiculously fragile (to a fault) and I would like to know the best case/accessory to stop simple, minor impacts from wrecking the phone. Are there good cases out there which will protect the screen? Like ones elevate the bulk of the phone so that the impacts won't strike the glass?

I had it in a pretty sturdy, magnetized flap case pictured below but it somehow managed to slip out. I'd like a more permanent option or rugged if possible

[​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Best case ever: bubblewrap

[​IMG]

3. sabrewings

sabrewings Well-Known Member

That bubble wrap is on backwards and won't do a good job protecting. Bubbles go in so the corner of an object can't get between the bubbles and hit the item.

4. necosino

Thank you very much Buzz Killington.. :p

5. sabrewings

sabrewings Well-Known Member

I was adding to the "seriousness". ;)

6. wayrad

wayrad Well-Known Member

The BodyGlove case is probably the bulkiest. The area around the screen is high enough to make using the optical joystick a little inconvenient, and the back is several mm thick so it sits well above the camera lens. Unfortunately it's all hard plastic except for some flocking inside the back and a rubberized surface coating, so I don't know about the impact resistance.

7. dscribe

dscribe Well-Known Member

Sure makes that BB look like Santa Claus. For an Incredible maybe make one with a bubblewrap door for the screen area? A fun video would be "Best phone case ever"... wrap up a phone in bubble wrap in a MAJOR way and then take it outside and THROW IT FULL FORCE ACROSS A PARKING LOT. LOL.

8. dcladylaw

dcladylaw Member

mine was on my lap and dropped out of the car when I got out an onto the concrete under my car...fortunately it did not crack or break. The back case came off and i got a couple of knicks on the edges; my first one got wet in my bag after I put it under my chair at the pool and forgot that I was dripping water through the slats of my chair which got into the bag; I am so not having good luck lately with these

9. necosino

I think I'm going to grab a $4 dummy phone off eBay and do this just for the shock factor.. Like show me use my real Incredible, then cut to me wrapping the display model, hahaha.

10. x0x

x0x Well-Known Member

11. Adamx

Adamx Well-Known Member

You need a better sheath if it slipped out.

12. isoelectric

isoelectric Active Member This Topic's Starter

I've read a few horror stories about the bodyglove so I'm leaning towards the Seido Innocase Rugged. But I've read that its tabs are very easy to break, so I don't really know what to get.

13. Ryd1ZZ

Ryd1ZZ Well-Known Member

I wish otterbox would release their cases already.