• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best Anti Virus For My Phone

There's no security suite I trust more than Kaspersky, but I've never used Kaspersky on any of my Android computers (and smartphones are computers). Kaspersky is not supported my Android computers (some Kindle Fires, and a Surface Go 3 running Fyde OS). But most likely, Kaspersky is supported on your Tecno Camon 15 air. If I had to chose a security suite for you right now, I'd chose Kaspersky.

Reactions: Abhista800
Upvote 0
Please can anyone help me find the best Anti Virus mobile app for my phone? (Tecno Camon 15 air) because there are so many antivirus apps and I want to choose which one is excellent for my device.
there really is no need for an antivirus app for android. the only thing android has are malicious apps that have to be installed first on the device. so as long as you are careful with what you install and pay attention to what permissions an app has, you should be fine. i have never used any anti-virus app on any of my android devices. i have been on android since day one....my first android phone was the htc hero.....so a very long time.....never had any issues with malware or had my identity stolen.

and as far as kaspersky goes i do not recommend it. here read this:

the only anti-virus app i recommend is malwarebytes:

Upvote 0
and as far as kaspersky goes i do not recommend it. here read this:
https://cybernews.com/best-antivirus-software/kaspersky-antivirus-review/
From the linked article:
Eugene Kaspersky, the owner of the company, has recently refused to condemn the Russian army's unlawful military actions in Ukraine.
So if the owner of Norton (or some other American computer security company) refuses to condemn the US's "unlawful" military actions in Iraq and Afghanistan, that makes Norton unsafe to use?

In other words: The article lost it's credibility, in my eyes, for that line alone! If the article's going to be so blatantly politically partisan, I don't believe a word it says.

Upvote 0
its a known fact that kaspersky has ties to Russia's top spy agency.....for me that is a no go. i do not trust it. but if you do not mind that russia can steal your data then by all means use it.

i can go on and on with articles about them.

Upvote 0
The key line from that first article (the Reuters one) is this:
"Moscow software engineers handle the [software] updates, that's where the risk comes," they said. "They can send malicious commands through the updaters and that comes from Russia."
A valid point, but the same goes for Norton (and any American computer security company). The US government could force Norton to spy on computers with Norton installed. Of course, it would be foolish for the US government to do so! It would erode trust in software from America, if the American government were ever caught doing that.

The point is: There's no escaping this risk by avoiding Kaspersky. Use Norton instead of Kaspersky, and US intelligence could spy on you instead of Russian intelligence.

Upvote 0
its a known fact that kaspersky has ties to Russia's top spy agency.....for me that is a no go. i do not trust it. but if you do not mind that russia can steal your data then by all means use it.

i can go on and on with articles about them.
Thanks

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones