1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Best app to backup the entire phone?

Last Updated:

1. MonarchX

MonarchX Member This Topic's Starter

What is the best program to make a backup for all the data at once? I do not want incremental backups but one backup file of the entire phone.

Advertisement
  2. w_bovine

w_bovine Well-Known Member

ROM Manager, though it does need root.

ROM Manager - Android app on AppBrain
    ROM Manager (Premium) - Android app on AppBrain

You can backup the entire system state. It essentially makes an image of your phone as it is at the time you make a backup.

I suggest the premium version. It's that good.

For system settings and apps and their date, Titanium Backup is the premier app.

http://www.appbrain.com/app/com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup.

Free and paid as well...very good for making backups, and you have many options for what you can back up. You can set schedules for automatic backups too.

3. Sulfur

Sulfur Well-Known Member

Nandroids are the cat's pajamas.

4. gabbott

gabbott Well-Known Member

Agreed. If you are rooted a nandroid backup is a complete snapshot of your phone at that point.

5. pavirotten

pavirotten Well-Known Member

Most custom ROMs allow you to create a nandroid backup without having to download any additional apps.

6. harukasan73

harukasan73 Well-Known Member

Can someone tell me the best settings to use for titanium backup? This app with its chuck norris mode and millions of options confuses me. I want to back up everything, as is, because I want to delete some of this sprint junk on here. Thank you!

7. droidx_fan

droidx_fan Well-Known Member

Is there a backup app that doesn't require root? Titanium says it requires root.

8. balders

balders Well-Known Member

I use My Backup Pro and its worked fine for me in my unrooted world. You can backup to the sd card or online and schedule it. 2 options to back, apps and phone data (phone settings, playlists, mms, call log etc)

9. a_sika

a_sika Member

sorry for posting this toooooo late....

but ROM manager will not backup everything ... it just backup your rom ... but for your personal data (contacts, SMS .. etc) you need to have another application:

- Titanuim Bakup
    - Android Backup
    - or any other thing

DO NOT rely of Rom Manager to backup your personal data

Thanks

10. hajimeabc

hajimeabc Well-Known Member

11. hajimeabc

hajimeabc Well-Known Member

Hello, as of today, which is the best app to clone/backup the entire non-rooted Android phone against theft and phone's failure? I have a list but further suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

Keis (Mac/Windows versions), Keis Air, AppMonster Pro Backup Restore, MyBackup Pro.

12. AlphaWolf03

AlphaWolf03 Well-Known Member

Hi, MonarchX! There are a few pretty great backup apps for Android, but our favorite has to be Titanium Backup. It requires a rooted phone, but you can backup and restore apps from Dropbox, run automatic batch backups, and even uninstall crapware. Titanium can backup just about anything—apps, app data, and even SMS and MMS data, and attempt to restore it to a new phone or new ROM. It doesn't always work, but I'm continually shocked at how much of my data it can restore to new, completely different ROMs or phones. You have tons of control over your backups, with the ability to set complicated schedules, back up different kinds of data on different schedules, and even back up directly to your Dropbox.
    Titanium Backup is more than just a great backup app, too—it's like a swiss army knife for Android phones. With the ability to remove crapware, move apps to and from the SD card, and the ability to delete data left over from old apps, it's really a must-have for any rooted Android user. If you only pay for one app from the Market, make it Titanium.

13. CleTjB

CleTjB Active Member

I have the free ROM Manager v5.5.3.0 installed and I just purchased the Premium License for it, but it will not install properly, any suggestions, since the developer is now non-existent or is not answering my emails. Where can I get a Redeem Code?

14. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender Moderator

I would go for try uninstall and reinstall your license then a reboot.

15. mrgigabyte

mrgigabyte Well-Known Member

I use My Backup Pro and its worked fine for me in my unrooted world

16. gingersnapgirl

gingersnapgirl Well-Known Member Contributor

Helium backup