Best case for note 2?Tips

Last Updated:

1. JimSmith94

JimSmith94 Well-Known Member

I hadn't thought of trying that with my dock and cases, but you're right! They all fit! Thanks. :)

Now to find a leather holster with belt loops and a car dock with native car mode and built-in USB that will also hold these cases. :p

Advertisement
  2. Harplayr

Harplayr Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tip.
    I wish I'd have known about this a few weeks ago because I bought the Seidio Surface combo at full price from Seidio. I really like the case though.

I think the comments about damaging the screen protector when installing the case must be either user error, or poor fitting screen protectors.
    I use the Spigen Ultra Ortho and it has enough clearance to the edge where the case dosn't interfere with it when the case is installed.
  3. syntrix

syntrix Well-Known Member

FYI, the Samsung MHL/HDMI adapter doesn't plug in all the way with the samsung case on, grrr.

Guess I could attach that to the dock or something.
  4. vgp

vgp Well-Known Member

Love the case HATE the smell. Anyone else feel the same and recommend anything? I tried washing and bathing it in cologne and still smells :-(
  5. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me Guide

Can you describe what it smells like to you?
    I remember reading someone else say the same thing (not in this forum) then the thread died.
  6. vgp

vgp Well-Known Member

Its very hard to describe...a hard/dirty rubber smell...condom like maybe. How about the smell of new boots....nah...new shoe smell is not bad, but imagine it like either those two, but stronger and sharper.
  7. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

It's like a room freshly painted with rubber paint... I guess I'm not helping. :p

It does smell a bit when new, but will go a away in a few weeks.
    -Sent using the force
  8. twospirits

twospirits AF's janitor Moderator

Caloy I see that you are signing your posts with "-sent using the force" I take it thats the Note.

have you tried to replace the S-Pen inserting and extracting sounds with a light-saber one. It is awesome lol

TS out
    drexappeal and Caloy like this.
  9. Thomas S

Thomas S Well-Known Member

Seriously? How do you do that? Im onlu seeing 3 sounds in the options and the first one I can't even hear.
  10. chasers

chasers Well-Known Member

That's gangsta!
  11. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

Great idea! I'll go find one sounds clip.

If it's sent using the force, I'm using my N2. If it's sent using the power of the dark side, I'm using my tablet. :p

-Sent using the force
  12. ScandaLeX

Ohhhh aren't you a man of mystery! :D
    Go 'head playa!
  13. chasers

Lol I wanna be like Caloy when I grow up too :cool:
  14. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

Okay found a wav sound. Now how do I install it? LOL

-Sent using the force
  15. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

Dangit...now I'm going to have to change my unlock sound from the lightsaber to something else and have the S-Note Pen removal sound as the lightsaber.

But...Like Caloy said, where the heck do you put the sound file for it to identify in the choices? I only get Sound 1, Sound 2, and Sound 3 as choices.
  16. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

Found the answer here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=35963138#post35963138

Looks like I won't be able to do it without root... Also need to convert your sound files to .ogg.

I wish Sammy would just ask us what sound to play. :/
  17. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

You can just rename in Astro and it will convert to ogg. I just tested it to see if the file will still work (mine used to be a wma file).

There are a few UI sounds that I've been wanting to mess with, so looks like it's the perfect time for me to sit down and root both of my phones.

Anybody have some good step-by-step tutorials on how to backup the OEM ROM, as well as a step-by-step for "unrooting"? I'm already familiar with the step-by-step on how to root, but I want to be sure I know how to revert the device, if I ever need to.
  18. ScandaLeX

DrEx I followed wwwjoshdew on YouTube. I believe he has an unroot vid as well. QBKing has one too.
    drexappeal likes this.
  19. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

Unrooting is the same as rooting, you're just flashing a stock ROM.

Last time I rooted my old phone, it took me weeks of research to unroot it. For some reason it was having an error when I try to flash a stock ROM. Even tried OTA update with same results. Almost threw my phone out in the road (road rage... hehehe). Eventually succeeded in un rooting, but after that I swore never to root my phone again.

-Sent using the force
  20. ScandaLeX

Am I the only one whose never unrooted around here?
  21. chasers

Never rooted before not sure the need to root this phone unless to move apps to SD
  22. almath

almath Well-Known Member

Nope!
  23. syntrix

syntrix Well-Known Member

seido has a bad rap here from the droid incredible days. I guess they are a paying vendor. Interesting that people still order from them. I guess things are great with them now, but smelly products? Interesting as well.
  24. MiXoLoGiSt

MiXoLoGiSt Well-Known Member

I rooted my original Motorola Droid but other than that I don't like to mess with my phones like that. Problems arise sometimes and I'd rather not deal with it. Eventually I may get bored and root it but I don't see the need currently other than to get the cool blue icons in the status bar and to have whatever app I want on multiwindow.

On another note, I just picked up the Body Glove TPU case from Sprint. I really like how slim it keeps the phone and the texture on the back provides some grip as well. Good case for $25. It is much better than the cruzerlite cases.
  25. almath

almath Well-Known Member

Yeah I bought one of those cases, too. My cases I ordered came 2 days after I got the phone. I hated spending that much money on a case! I like it but that's too much.