• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories ???best EVO case???

I didn't like the body glove, HTC, or the platinum case from BB.
HTC is too big and looks like it would just come apart if the phone was dropped (I bought it to try it out for a few but fee like I'll return it)
The BG and Platinum cases just dont have the protection I want for the front edges. The sprint gel case was too loose.

BB has a Rockfish case that is great...kind of a harder silacone..in a piano gloss black. slides into pocket real good, better protection than the body glove or platinum. Almost as good as the HTC case. One problem....there isnt any cut outs for the volume or power. The plastic goes over the top. This makes the power button very difficult to access. I am thinking of a mod of placing something under the button area for the power to engage the phone's switch better. The volume works ok.

I have the Rockfish and the HTC....going to try both for a couple days at a time but my gut says I'll end up with the Rockfish. Pretty good case!

Upvote 0
The lense on the EVO protrudes, begging to be smudged, scratched, broken... Any case I get must extend beyond the lense, to protect it. I've not been able to try any of them on yet, but it looks like even the Body Glove (which worked great on the Rumour II and Incredible) is some sort of thin-line thing, not at all like the shock-absorbing rubber they used on the others. That also means it may not be thick enough either.

Any firsthand hands-on experience? Paying $50 for the Seidio seems excessive, and Otterbox is in no hurry.

Thanks!

JT
SpectreWriter

Upvote 0
The current offerings by Seidio and Sprint are low quality and way too expensive. However, this device must be protected, NOW. Buy what you want for now, but the BEST cases are made by Otterbox and Case Mate. Check out the offerings that these companies make for the Nexus One and iPhone and you will agree. The Otterbox Commuter ($35) is the best case that I ever owned when I had an iPhone 3GS, and the Case Mate Tough Case ($30) was the BEST case I had seen for the Nexus One. Both companies offer high quality, reasonably price cases for smartphones. Hopefully, these guys will release products soon for the EVO! Until then, I will SETTLE for something else.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I will wait for the Otterbox. I have a leather belt holster and a screen protector.. but I am simply using something (which is better than nothing) until my Otterbox is ready!

Upvote 0
"Best" is a very relative term. Depends on what you're looking for. Bling? All encompassing protection? Smallest form factor?

I went with the gunmetal grey rebranded seidio case at Best Buy. I like the protection it provides with out adding a ton of bulk. I also like the texture/feel of the case.

My girlfriend went with the white and chrome sprint case cause she wanted something a little more girly/flashy that still gave some protection over just a skin.

Upvote 0
"Best" is a very relative term. Depends on what you're looking for. Bling? All encompassing protection? Smallest form factor?

I went with the gunmetal grey rebranded seidio case at Best Buy. I like the protection it provides with out adding a ton of bulk. I also like the texture/feel of the case.

My girlfriend went with the white and chrome sprint case cause she wanted something a little more girly/flashy that still gave some protection over just a skin.

LOLLOLOOLOLOL Well i just went to the sprint store and bought a girly/flashy White with chrome case..... :eek:

I actually like the white case.. i thought it was better then the multicolored one and less expensive than the body glove..

I did buy the 2 pack of screen protectors from sprint and they seem odd to me.. I've never used a screen protector before, but this one makes the screen look grainy.. Not diggin that too much.. I think i'm gonna just go back to the all natural look..

Upvote 0
jds4000 said:
and the Case Mate Tough Case ($30) was the BEST case I had seen for the Nexus One.

swazey said:
i agree, that case is soo sick. where all other cases offer felt inside the case, this one has a silicon case inside the case (idk how else to put it). i want black and grey or black and red sexiness...

THIS.

They made one for the HD2 too that is the same thing called the Hybrid Tough Case, a mix of the barely there case with the silicone inside. The thing about hard cases is that hard cases usually don't protect against sand/dust entrance and entrapment. The particles then rub around inside the hard case (such as the case for the Innocase by Seidio) and proceed to make an ugly outline and/or they scratch any chrome you may have on your phone (e.g. HTC Touch Pro). The added silicone skin that Case Mate uses kind of provides the phone with a seal against this sort of breach.

I had to clean the inside of my Innocase for my HTC Touch Pro so often that it eventually wore down the holding tabs for the case (they were so damn small already) and the case no longer stayed on. Three months later, I had a useless Innocase.

Upvote 0
Found this one, thought some of you may be interested...
Link

interesting..

41qa5V2XVLL._SS400_.jpg

wonder how tight that polymer portion is though. seems to provide corner protection via that back plastic, which probably also prevents the polymer from sticking to your linty pockets.

Upvote 0
interesting..

41qa5V2XVLL._SS400_.jpg

wonder how tight that polymer portion is though. seems to provide corner protection via that back plastic, which probably also prevents the polymer from sticking to your linty pockets.

Looking at the other pics, this looks like a nice case. Maybe a tad bulky for some, but looks like a decent alternative till Otterbox comes out with one.

Upvote 0
The current offerings by Seidio and Sprint are low quality and way too expensive. However, this device must be protected, NOW. Buy what you want for now, but the BEST cases are made by Otterbox and Case Mate. Check out the offerings that these companies make for the Nexus One and iPhone and you will agree. The Otterbox Commuter ($35) is the best case that I ever owned when I had an iPhone 3GS, and the Case Mate Tough Case ($30) was the BEST case I had seen for the Nexus One. Both companies offer high quality, reasonably price cases for smartphones. Hopefully, these guys will release products soon for the EVO! Until then, I will SETTLE for something else.

Agreed.

Can't wait to get an Otterbox. I was thinking of buying an HD2 Otterbox and trying to mod it to work with the buttons until they release an official one. Would be tricky but seems possible.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones