• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best GN2 Screen Protector

Me personally, I'm surprised too. But I'm very glad that they have not expanded and began an exclusive deal with a major chain. I hope that it does not change, ever. I actually don't mind purchasing their product online only. For SGP beginning a relationship with Amazon, and opening an e-store on their market, its a big deal.
We wouldn't want another Zagg would we? (I know, false analogy :) ) I think not! At this point even their name offends me. It has become the Z-word. Take that F-Bomb! :D

(speculation)
I think their operation and business model is a conscious choice on their part. Their outwardly perceived limitations may in fact be part of their strength. I think their impediment is mostly self imposed. As much as it may suck for us I can respect their choice, which in my view is, to remain lean and mean.

Just my opinion though.

Very valid point, Pyro...and I do agree. From a selfish perspective, I hope they keep it exactly as it is. I must say, it was frustrating not being able to purchase their product last year (for the Photon), but this year...my phone selection process happened to be ideal for having many more accessory options (even more than the original EVO).

Upvote 0
I got the Oleo. Add me to the list of unhappy users. Smudges like crazy, does not in any way shape or form - even remotely close - to being as advertised. I've had better results with cheapie eBay protectors on my old S2. Spigen can suck it.

I snatched the ultra clear off mine. It developed a crack but even before that, constantly wiping smudges was driving me out my mind. I've got nothing on it now.
Oddly enough, I've got 90% LESS smudges without a screen protector.

Upvote 0
I got the Oleo. Add me to the list of unhappy users. Smudges like crazy, does not in any way shape or form - even remotely close - to being as advertised. I've had better results with cheapie eBay protectors on my old S2. Spigen can suck it.

I wouldn't go so far as to say it's not remotely close. It's very close and just like advertised, very easy to wipe away smudges (like I mentioned above, you can use a tissue instead of needing a microfiber cloth or sunglass cloth).

There was someone that mentioned a while back that it's very important for people to not think that the oleophobic protector is an anti-fingerprint protector, because it's not by any stretch of the imagination. It's just supposed to make it easier to clean and have less smudge than the ultra crystal.

Only reason I like it is because I don't mind pressing hard with the SPen with this thing on there. I was a little more hesitant with just the glass.

Upvote 0

Mine smudges some, but no where near like the no name amazon one I purchased. And with the spige oleo it doesn't take anything to wipe the screen.

Upvote 0
OK, got my Note 2 and I am on the fence about what to get as a screen protector. On my older phones, I just got crap protectors that I usually cut myself and applied. Last phone Moto Razr Maxx, I had a Zagg installed. I loved the look and feel and never had an issue with peeling or any discoloration (only had it for 6 months). The advertisements with the hammers smacking the screen with no cracking was definately a selling point as I usually have my phone and keys in the same pocket.

In any event, Has anyone had an absolutely poor experience with Zagg on this phone?

I have read the posts and definately want to check out an SGP ultra Oleo, but anyone had an opportunity to try both? Anyone that might like Zagg and not absolutely hate them :) Already read a bunch of those posts.

Thanks, and Hi! I'm Shawn and a new member of the Note 2 Fam.

Upvote 0
Then I must have a defect. the oil from fingers are almost impossible to wipe clean. It just gets smudged around - microcloth, cotton, etc. doesn't help much. This is making my device look cheap and dirty.

I'm actually starting to see what you mean by oil from touching the screen. Mine still wipes away with little effort, but it is annoying.

Upvote 0
I'm actually starting to see what you mean by oil from touching the screen. Mine still wipes away with little effort, but it is annoying.

To me, that's as advertised. Like I said earlier, it doesn't say that the oleophobic is anti-fingerprint protector, but it does say that you can wipe the screen off easily whenever there are smudges...which it does, easily, just using a shirt or tissue or sweater. I feel far more comfortable wiping this thing off and not worrying about scratching it, than I would the actual glass itself.

Upvote 0
To be honest with you all, I'm actually enjoying my phone MORE without the screen protector. So many scary threads make you believe it's a must have item.

It was necessary to wipe the protector at least 20x's a day and I can't count how many times the S-Pen would skip due to some unseen particle on the protector. I've been wiping so much less and even when I'm not, my screen isn't all smudged up.

Upvote 0
To me, that's as advertised. Like I said earlier, it doesn't say that the oleophobic is anti-fingerprint protector, but it does say that you can wipe the screen off easily whenever there are smudges...which it does, easily, just using a shirt or tissue or sweater. I feel far more comfortable wiping this thing off and not worrying about scratching it, than I would the actual glass itself.

That's my problem, it doesn't wipe the smudge away. It merely smudges the smudge. I'll post a pic later.

Upvote 0
To be honest with you all, I'm actually enjoying my phone MORE without the screen protector. So many scary threads make you believe it's a must have item.

It was necessary to wipe the protector at least 20x's a day and I can't count how many times the S-Pen would skip due to some unseen particle on the protector. I've been wiping so much less and even when I'm not, my screen isn't all smudged up.

Afraid to scratch it or crack it. Asurian is tired of me sending them phones with busted screens. I carry keys and usually a phone in the same pocket, so I can totally see a scratched screen without something to possibly prevent it.

Upvote 0

I don't usually put on a screen protector, but the other night I noticed a light small scratch on my screen and I died a little inside.

Upvote 0
I love my Oleo screen protector. I will wipe it off on my t-shirt every couple of days and it cleans right off. No complaints here...

Every couple days? I just do a quick wipe, almost every time before putting it in my pocket. The fact that I can use any kind of material on it and not worry about it scratching the screen is awesome for my needs and it definitely is better than having to break out a micro fiber cloth all the time to clean the glass, just to be "extra" safe that it doesn't scratch.

Upvote 0
I put on the oleophobic as soon as I got the N2 yesterday.
So far I'm very happy with it. Yes oil from my fingers does get on it, but it's VERY easy to wipe off. Much better than the Verizon branded screen protectors I've been using on my DX.

The only problem is that there is one piece of dust that got in there when I put it on that I can't seem to get off. It creates a small air bubble. I tried tape, but it was a no-go. Any suggestions?

Upvote 0
Every couple days? I just do a quick wipe, almost every time before putting it in my pocket. The fact that I can use any kind of material on it and not worry about it scratching the screen is awesome for my needs and it definitely is better than having to break out a micro fiber cloth all the time to clean the glass, just to be "extra" safe that it doesn't scratch.

My screen stays pretty clean so every couple of days is all it needs. Maybe the inside of my pocket naturally keeps it clean from it rubbing on it.

Upvote 0
I put on the oleophobic as soon as I got the N2 yesterday.
So far I'm very happy with it. Yes oil from my fingers does get on it, but it's VERY easy to wipe off. Much better than the Verizon branded screen protectors I've been using on my DX.

The only problem is that there is one piece of dust that got in there when I put it on that I can't seem to get off. It creates a small air bubble. I tried tape, but it was a no-go. Any suggestions?

Tape is the only thing I was going to suggest. My method was taken from some other videos I've seen.

1 piece of tape wrapped around my index finger backwards (so the sticky side is out) and another piece of tape to lift the screen protector. I've had pretty good success with that in the past, except for recently (since it's been a while since I've installed one on my phones).

Upvote 0
I have the MobC and I love it!! It has a hardness rating of 3H (the same as the more expensive Spigen) which is needed for the S pen. It comes with 2 protectors, cleaning cloth, and screen squeegee, which is all pretty standard stuff. Here is what really sets this package apart, it also comes with a “guide sticker” to make sure its lined up perfectly before you take the film off from the sticky side of the protector, and dust tape to insure clean installation!!! This is a smart all inclusive package :D

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009M7TY5Y/ref=ox_ya_os_product

Reactions: snuggles
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones