• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best place to buy Rugged cases for Android phones?

jungleexplorer

Android Enthusiast
Nov 29, 2011
Texas
My son is looking for a new phone, but he works in an industry where he needs a phone that he can buy a rugged case for. His budget for his new phone is $300. None of the ruggedized smartphones like the Torque have the specs he wants and most of them have pretty low reviews. I have looked around and found several good smartphones like the Galaxy Skyrocket and such that have the specs he wants and are within his budget, but I can't find rugged cases for them. About the only rugged cases I can find are for the S4 which is way out of his budget. Surly there are cases out there for other android phones besides the S4, but I don"t know where to find them. Can someone help me?

My son is looking for a new phone, but he works in an industry where he needs a phone that he can buy a rugged case for. His budget for his new phone is $300. None of the ruggedized smartphones like the Torque have the specs he wants and most of them have pretty low reviews. I have looked around and found several good smartphones like the Galaxy Skyrocket and such that have the specs he wants and are within his budget, but I can't find rugged cases for them. About the only rugged cases I can find are for the S4 which is way out of his budget. Surly there are cases out there for other android phones besides the S4, but I don"t know where to find them. Can someone help me?

Just from a quick search, Galaxy Skyrocket is AT&T S2, right? It's quite an old phone, so obviously all the brand name popular rugged cases won't be available. But eBay is your friend. Just a quick search brings up: galaxy skyrocket rugged case | eBay

There are at least 3 different rugged cases, all shipped from CA and under $10.

Heavy Duty Rugged Hard Case Cover for Samsung Galaxy S2 II i727 Skyrocket at T | eBay

For Samsung Galaxy S2 II s 2 Pry Tool Heavy Duty Rugged Dual Layer Case Cover | eBay

Rugged Case Belt Clip Holster Kickstand Samsung Galaxy S2 i727 Skyrocket at T | eBay

Reactions: jungleexplorer
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones