• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

best rom for galaxy s2?

I've tried villain, checkrom revohd v4, cyonogen 7 and wanam. The one that takes the prize for me is resurrection remix ICS 9.1, I am more than happy with it, have had no problems at all with it and it is the first ice cream sandwich rom I have used without annoying things such as phonebook issues or apps like youtube not functioning

Upvote 0
I have never been able to get titanium backup to restore backed up apps. Not on stock, not on legendary, not on cyanogen. Have used several different versions. Tried all the different ways. It just hangs while restoring. I've relied on astro. Has worked every time (even though you might be limited when on stock phones).

What's a double wipe? Wiping again after the first? Or is this a special operation? I presume you wipe from front to back ;)

I think people make way too much of a big deal regarding full wipes.
I almost always do a full wipe. The only time I don't is if I'm updating the same rom and it still is on the same firmware version. So this is quite rare.

Keep your contacts and calendar centrally in your google account. This makes full wipes very straight forward..

Do a titanium backup of your apps before wiping. download this from the market after your up and running on your new rom and you'll be back as normal in no time. Just remember to decline the prompt in the new rom's first run to let google restore your apps. This will eat up your data usage as this is done before you get chance to set up your wireless connection.

I'm probably all done within 5 or 10 minutes after a full wipe. Its a small price to pay for extra peace of mind.
And I enjoy going through the various setup stages on a new rom after a wipe as it gives me a chance to discover if there are any new features.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones