• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best way (or app) to enter data into GOOGLE SPREADSHEET?

Inquisitor

Lurker
Apr 3, 2012
Anyone have suggestions for the best way to enter data (numbers) into a google spreadsheet from a small android phone ?

It appears that the google docs app (according to google's help docs) does not allow you enter data into a SPREADSHEET.

Thanks for any tips, I'm a newb at this android platform.

you might have to buy a seperate office app like "Documents to Go" or "Quick Office Pro". They will allow you to create, edit and send documents to and save in Google docs. The benefit of these apps is, you can use them without a data connection. With Google Docs, you need a data connection unless you have place your docs for offline viewing.

Upvote 0
Thanks, I thought about that. I always have a data connection with my wireless phone which also has wifi that I use most of the time. I use the carriers data connection otherwise. I'd prefer to enter data directly into the google spreadsheet but find the screen very small and I'm prone to many errors. I can't use a google form, either, cause I need to edit/add data to rows already entered in the spreadsheet.

I was hoping there was a 'trick' to entering numbers into a spreadsheet via android phones.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones