• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Blank Grey screen?

Well ive had to send it to htc for repair which apparently takes 4 weeks. All i can say is that im absolutely livid as this is my second desire which also developed faults within the first few weeks. How is this phone supposed to last a 24 month contract when it cant even withstand a few weeks light/moderate use? ive had cheap phones last years and i would hardly call this cheap.

Upvote 0
Well ive had to send it to htc for repair which apparently takes 4 weeks. All i can say is that im absolutely livid as this is my second desire which also developed faults within the first few weeks. How is this phone supposed to last a 24 month contract when it cant even withstand a few weeks light/moderate use? ive had cheap phones last years and i would hardly call this cheap.

Just damn unlucky mate unless you chuck it about a lot which it sounds like is the last thing you've been doing.

I've been on this forum a lot which gives a good representation of Desire owners and it really is a reliable phone. Had nothing more than the odd FC and freeze with mine which I'd expect.

Good luck mate and hope its third time lucky :)

Upvote 0
Just damn unlucky mate unless you chuck it about a lot which it sounds like is the last thing you've been doing.

I've been on this forum a lot which gives a good representation of Desire owners and it really is a reliable phone. Had nothing more than the odd FC and freeze with mine which I'd expect.

Good luck mate and hope its third time lucky :)

Yeah got to admit, mines always been fine. Any issues I have are software related and thats cause I like to try out the latest mods.

Upvote 0
I Love my desire, and luckily havnt had to send mine off for repair, but looking around online over the last 8 months its my oppinion that the faults and failure rates of the Desire are higher than the average phone.

In fact I Had my first heart stopping moment with mine earlier today. Took it off charge and tried to turn it on, and it just vibrated a few times quickly then did nothing. Pressed the power button a few more time but the phone seemed to be dead, tried plugging the charger back in, nothing, no led. Squeaky bum time, but luckily a battery pull fixed it and brought it back to life .. phew

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones