• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Bluetooth and Notification Sounds

marvinrock

Nov 8, 2009
Ok, so I have an A2DP (and AVRCP) bluetooth headset. Music playback/phone calls work great. I have a minor issue though, "notification" sounds are still playing from the handset. I have a droid 2, it's rooted, but no custom ROMs over it (I just wanted to remove stock bloatware). Anytime I get a new email or text message, those sounds come through the phone. If I highlight the headset, I can see that it is connected to phone AND media audio (see attached image).

I searched the forums and didn't have much luck finding anyone with my issue. This is a killer for me because I use a workout program that uses the notifications, but they keep playing over the handset and not the bluetooth headset. My music does pause for the second or two that the notification takes to play, so i can sometimes hear it, but it's disturbing for others at the gym.

Ideas? Am I missing a silly setting here?

I basically want ALL my audio going through my bluetooth headset.

Attachments

• screenshot_1.jpg
    screenshot_1.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 56
It's a feature of the operating system, not to take advantage of the Bluetooth implementation. I have a Blue Ant something or other that will announce SMS to the headset and it does it well. However, when it comes to alarms, emails, et cetera, they all go to the speaker and maybe the headset. Always the speaker though and maybe the headset. The length of time the alarm sounds appears to govern if it will ever reach the headset. Short = never gets there; long = it might get there.

With WM, Bluetooth headset = you never hear the phone do anything except ring. No alarms, no emails, no nothing. It all goes to the headset.

Good luck.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones