• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bluetooth Car Stereo = No More CDs. :-)

MKeditor

Jul 27, 2009
I am in celebration so I decided to share my technological milestone. I just had a bluetooth stereo installed in my car. I now play all my music from my Nexus one. I removed all my CDs and put them in storage. The hands free function is excellent! It works far better than my expensive phone system at work. When I had a bluetooth ear piece it was a drag to use...so I gave up. This is nothing like that. I would rather talk with the hands free through the stereo than talk directly on the phone. Music pauses when calls are made or received. Love this thing!

Probably there are many people here who are rolling their eyes because they did this ages ago. That's ok. I still had to share my excitement in having turned this corner.

hahaha, I know what you mean about those rolling their eyes, lmao...

I went a step ahead (for me anyway), rather than do the BT thing, I went the cheaper route and just replaced my car stereo headunit with one that was ipod & USB capable... lol, just for music consideration as I don't use the phone in vehicle enough to warrant BT call function. Anyway, to my utter joy and amazement I was very happy to be able to plug my phone in and have access to my Gigs of music, lol... hahaha... as a matter of fact I had the USB/MicroSD card mounted playing music, was Googling something AND received a call and the HTC Hero (Sprint) didn't even hiccup!

lolz... I wasn't driving :)

:cool:

Upvote 0
right now i use a 3.5mm jack from my phone to headunit..but now i totally must have a bluetooth head unit XD i didnt know you could do that.

how much are they?

I just got one installed a few days ago, works great with my droid (minus a little issue with the in call volume). It's a Clarion CZ509, $150 on newegg. Install at Bestbuy was about another $100.

Upvote 0
never heard of that brand. but bestbuy has a kenwood that does bluetooth for 109. and i believe you get a tad of a discount on installation if they do it. but i already have the stuff for my car because i had circuit-sh|tty install a headunit in my card two years ago. so ill just swap'em out seeing as the cables and stuff are already done and good to go from the circuit guy.

im glad it works though!

Upvote 0
Don't feel bad, I just started doing the same thing ... with the 3.5 AUX option on my car stereo. Soon will upgrade to the wireless option :D First time I was listen to my music and a call came in I was like ... WOW...:D And yesterday I finally used my GPS (sprint) navigation system and it was real nice. Glad I never bought a stand alone GPS system for my car.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones