• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bluetooth - Connect to Specific Device

adammsu

Feb 22, 2010
I use tasker a LOT. i have one thing that I havent been able to figure out.

Does anyone know a way to have an app or something connect to a specific device? I currently use tasker to start bluetooth and open the bluetooth settings, but would like to not have to click.

what i have learned researching already:
-droid x doesn't auto-initiate the connection, thats up to the device (little BT receiver i have doesn't do it)
-havent found an app to do this
-apparently a script could be used to do this, but i have no experience there. i have some some experience doing VBA and the like, but nothing as complicated as the scripting example i saw.

any help is good, thanks.

not exactly sure what you mean. if i turn on my BT headset, my phone connects right away.....and this is with about 20-30 other devices with BT in the area (at work and all the computers have BT)

Yeah, me too. I have a few BT ear pieces and they all connect automatically once I I've paired them with the phone.
Occasionally it won't find the device and I'll toggle BT on the phone and/or turn the headset on/off. But that isn't common.

Upvote 0
Hi All,

I have an NFC enabled Samsung Galaxy Nexus and have placed NFC tags in specific places (car, living room, home theater, bedroom, etc.) so that I when I set my phone on the NFC tag I can automatically play music over Bluetooth in that location.

I am trying to completely automate connecting to a *specific* Bluetooth device, not simply toggle Bluetooth on or off, or select the desired Bluetooth device from a menu. I am currently using "NFC Task Launcher" to accomplish the majority of this, but as far as Bluetooth is concerned, the most I've been able to automate so far is to simply Bluetooth on or off. (I also tried "Tasker" but the functionality I am looking for is missing from this app as well.) I have not found a way to read an NFC tag and automatically connect to a specific Bluetooth device based on which tag is read, nor have I even found a "one click" app / widget that connects to a specific Bluetooth device. (If such a "one click" app / widget exists, I could automate the launching of that app to make the connection.).

(Also having the Bluetooth device in each location initiate the connection isn't a viable solution, I need for the phone to initiate the connection.)

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones