• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bluetooth Issues

cepa

Sep 24, 2010
Hi

I've only had my phone a couple of weeks and pleased with it now that I have installed many of the recommended free apps.

I have one problem though with the bluetooth. When I connect to my car bluetooth, everything is fine for 8 minnutes - calls can be made and received but then the bluetooth drops. As this happens when I am driving the easiest way to reconnect is by pressing the connect button in my car (ie not on the handset). It re-connects straight away and then works perfectly for the rest of the journey. This happens everytime I am in the car !

I'm fairly sure the problem is with the phone as my Nokia5800 did not have this issue.

Any ideas anyone ?

Thanks

Can't say I have ever had that problem, I do find it annoying that I have to remember to turn my bluetooth on on my phone when I get in the car as I dont have it on all the time but once paired it seems to run very smoothly.

Its like the signal is dropping out on it or something. Most odd. How about deleting the connection on the phone and in the car and running the pair procedure again, bit of a faff I know but might clear it.

If not and its a software prob with your phone the only way to sort that is to run a repair/reset via the SEUS or PCCompanion but it does wipe your phone so you'll have build it all again (make sure contacts are synced or saved on SD or both) apps can be reinstalled from market. Depends how big of an issue it is for the faff of going through this.

Upvote 0
I have had 2.1 for a couple of months now but still have the same issue. The connection drops after 8 minutes yet my old Nokia stays connected. I am connected via a bluetooth cradle that was factory fitted in the car.

Has anyone experienced anything like this ?

Thanks

Upvote 0
I have had issues with the bluetooth connection, i get an intermittent "skip" every so often, like the track pauses for a split second - most annoying. I too had a Nokia5800 and never had a problem. SE told me it was a problem with the car...:(

I would suggest you try connecting to another audio device (or the car again - but without the cradle - if you can?!) and seeing if you experience the same problem. Won't solve it - but might help you identify if the problem is with the handset, cradle or car.

Upvote 0
I've got two suggestions, and they're just that, suggestions.

1) Make sure you don't have a task killer (such as Advanced Task Killer) set up to automatically close your bt connection. It could be killing one of the services you're using for your connection.

2) I've used my BT headphones a lot, and I sometimes get occasional skips or stutters, and I've found that by disabling my WiFi (i usually use my headphones when walking the dog) I don't get this issue... If you're driving, you're not going to need wifi anyways, try turning it off and seeing if this helps.

Good luck!

Reactions: baz@gmx.co.uk
Upvote 0
cheers, will try the wifi suggestion - perhaps turn off network notify too - will let you know!
Don't use a TK as (imo) they are a waste of time (android is meant to keep services loaded, free RAM is irrelevant as the OS will free dormant RAM as needed! - so i read somewhere!)

EDIT: turning wifi off seems to have helped, albeit i have only been in the car for an hour today - but fingers crossed your solution is permanent!! Cheerz Eddie ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones