1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Bluetooth IssuesSupport

1. AllThingsPure

AllThingsPure Well-Known Member

I can connect my Galaxy S via Bluetooth to my laptop. From the laptop, I can browse the Galaxy S, but I can see only folders and not files. Every folder shows 0 items.

How do I transfer files from and to the Galaxy?

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. AllThingsPure

AllThingsPure Well-Known Member

I have just found out that each file can be made visible/non-visible. Under MyFiles, menu, More, there is "Bluetooth visibility". It allows each file to be set visible/invisible. The default is not visible. How do I make all files visible. It is just too troublesome to manually set each file.

Thanks.

PS: Is this an Android feature or a Samsung one?
  3. Catalyst2012

Catalyst2012 Active Member

I just ran across the same issue on a Samsung Galaxy S i9000, stock android 2.3.6.

Did you ever find a way to make all files in a folder visible for BT at the same time, without selecting each one - one at a time?

Thanks!

This might be a security:rolleyes: feature.
  4. rapidsandroid

rapidsandroid Well-Known Member

Have you tried using the Kies Air or AllShare Play apps that came with the S3? Both are a great way to transfer files from phone to computer without having to use bluetooth.
  5. Catalyst2012

Catalyst2012 Active Member

Both of those require internet access and/or access to same router. Bluetooth does not require internet access or router which is why users use Bluetooth.