• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bluetooth noise (got worse over time)

I have noise on the bluetooth headset. The person I'm talking to, cannot understand me, and I can hear the noise myself. I can also hear noise before the other person answers the call.

This started happening occasionally, maybe 2-3 months ago, and it gradually became worse, now it happens on every call.

If I transfer the sound on the phone during the call, the noise disappears.

I tested the bluetooth headset on another phone and there is no noise.

I do not remember if the problem started before or after I flashed Galaxo 1.6.3.3. Previous rom was an early samsung 1.6 and before that 1.5. The change in the frequency the problem occured over time makes me think it's a hardware issue on the Galaxy.

I guess I can flash back the original rom and see what happens... but I would like to know first if anyone has similar problems. A search in the forum gives only this: Bluetooth headphones gradually come to a halt

I went back to Samsung ROM XEJC6 and I had NO noise.

Revert to Galaxo 1.6.3.3 (using nandroid restore) and the noise is back again.

So is this a Galaxo bug ?

I guess I was wrong at my first post stating that the problem got worse over time... it just happened that I did not notice it right after upgrading to Galaxo.

Anyone with Galaxo who has clear sound on bluetooth headset ?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones