• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bluetooth Pairing Worked Great at First, Not Anymore

I have developed a similar problem. After the 2.2 update, I have to continually go in with the phone and RECONNECT the phones BT to my cars BT. When I first turn on the car, they communicate, make a connection and my car shows (with its green light) that there is indeed a connection with the phone, then all of the sudden within seconds, the connection is NO MORE and I have to physically make the connection again. Just a little bit frustrating to say the least.

Hey, ellykay, by trying to reconnect it, do you mean "forgetting connection", then setting it up again, or do you mean just going into the phone settings the way they already are and trying to just tell the phone to reconnect? You may want to go into Bluetooth Settings (while bluetooth is turned on on the phone) and try UNPAIRING then setting it up all over again.

Upvote 0
I'm having a similar program with connecting to my PC with Bluetooth using FTP. It says they're not connected but yet I can initiate a Send File from my PC and have my Phone receive it. I can't send a file from my Phone back to the PC because Android thinks they're not connected. I tried Unpairing then Pairing again -- no difference.

And what's even stranger is that I don't have this problem with my headset. It connects to my phone every time I turn it on.

Upvote 0
Does anyone know how to fix this? I have BT pairing problems since I got the phone in June. I was able to pair once to a parrott CK module for Hands free phone, phonebook and audio streaming. As soon as I tried streaming audio, nothing worked again.
I tried pairing the phone to multiple OEM Hands free phone systems and it still does not connect, just shows paired. HOWEVER, my work phone (Blackberry Curve 8310) connects to the devices with no problems which means my phone has an issue.

On top of that I called sprint during my 30 day return period to get a new phone for the BT issue and touch screen issue, well they lost the order or the person never placed it so I am stuck with trying to get a non refub replacement.

Update: BT Streaming Audio and Hands Free phone now work. with the parrot car kit BUT the BT audio is missing the higher frequencies. I do not know how I got it to work, I just tried pairing it over and over again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones