• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bluetooth Tethering? Possible?

I have a brand new Galaxy Tab 2 7" and wanted to use my phone's bluetooth to tether. (I have WiFi tethering also, but didn't want to drain the battery as much.) The phone is a Samsung Galaxy SII 4G on T-Mobile with unlimited network.

I setup the Bluetooth as shown in multiple threads as well as other locations on the intraweb. Here's one with the Galaxy 10 - http://androidforums.com/samsung-ga...info-tether-sgt-10-1-phone-via-bluetooth.html.

I have the phone and tablet paired and am able to transfer files.

However, in all the instructions I see out there, they indicate I need to use "tethering" with USB. Also there's supposed to be a "wrench" icon next to the paired device on the tablet. No luck. Clicking on the "gear" icon next to my paired phone, I get only the options to unpair and change the name.

The phone is rooted, but running the Stock Gingerbread OS. The tablet is not yet rooted and running ICS.

Ideas?

Here's a screenshot of the tablet's settings.

2012_bluetooth_tether_galaxy.png

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones