• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Blurless ROMs

Upvote 0
I am looking at going to Rubix Focused 1.6.... Anyone having any kinds of random reboots? I have read that some are and some aren't.... Just want to see how many others are... I am not interested in OCing at all just want a nice Blurless Rom....

Anyone have any Negatives on the Rubix Focused 1.6?

Upvote 0
I am looking at going to Rubix Focused 1.6.... Anyone having any kinds of random reboots? I have read that some are and some aren't.... Just want to see how many others are... I am not interested in OCing at all just want a nice Blurless Rom....

Anyone have any Negatives on the Rubix Focused 1.6?

I'm on rubix 1.6 and haven't found any negatives. I absolutely love it. I found a link in a thread to put the BLUR camera on it so now it has everything I could possibly want in a ROM and is super smooth.

Upvote 0
I'm on rubix 1.6 and haven't found any negatives. I absolutely love it. I found a link in a thread to put the BLUR camera on it so now it has everything I could possibly want in a ROM and is super smooth.

Thank you for the response. I am getting ready to root the phone. Do i need to deodex the phone before flashing this?? I have came from a captivate but the software is a bit different on this phone lol... And detailed instructions are really out there in detail for this one.

Upvote 0
Thank you for the response. I am getting ready to root the phone. Do i need to deodex the phone before flashing this?? I have came from a captivate but the software is a bit different on this phone lol... And detailed instructions are really out there in detail for this one.

No, just root and install this. After you install you will be deodexed

Upvote 0
I need help real quick. I installed and rooted z4root (one click root) then installed ROM manager and thats it. Am I safe to install any rom from ROM manager or does my DX need to be deodexed. Second how do I back up my stock 2.2 OTA ROM in case I ever need to switch back?

Download (buy) Droid X Bootstrap Recovery. You can make backups through that. Then install one of the ROMs that automatically deodexes for you - 928BlackGlass for example, first. Then you can install ROMs that are deodexed.

All the info you are looking for is in the thread "All in one guide to rooting."

Reactions: Tmose04
Upvote 0
Bootstrap you can get here: My Brain Hurts: Droid X Recovery (and Droid 2 too!)
or on market, if you wish to donate. Deodex or not depends on ROM you want to install (most of them already deodexed), just go straight to ROM thread and carefully read installation instructions. Back up you can create either with bootstrap or ROM manager, which would be same thing, ROM manager UI a bit more user friendly

Upvote 0
First open bootstrap and click on "Bootstrap Recovery", then go to ROM Manager and click on "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery". Choose Droid X :)
Now scroll down to "Backup Current ROM", if you decide to rename your backup make sure there is no spaces in backup name. Better just leave it the way it is.
Your phone will reboot and back up your current ROM and all personal and system data. Also you can use Titanium Backup to back up all your apps for easy and fast restore. Now, just choose which ROM you want to flash, read OP and follow instructions

Ok so I have bootstrap and rom manager. What is the first step in installing a rom andbacking my stock one up?

Reactions: Tmose04
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
As long as you get home safe :)

I did, there was a couple wrecks, so out of the 4 northbound lanes of I5 only 1 lane was open, it was a parking lot!

I found some interesting things for RubiX : there are blackbar mod, camera fix, quick office fix and some more:

sephtin.com

That is the link I was going to post, the camera patch there works great

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones