• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Boost is getting the S5!

So... how much do you think the S4 will be on Boost when then S5 comes out?

I currently have a stupidphone and could buy an SIII for $350 at BestBuy, or wait until the S5 comes out and get an S4... but at what price?

Well you could save the extra 150ish or if you check boost online you can get a better deal on the s3. They were running a sale on them. (used s3 was 160 I believe)

Upvote 0
They've never had a flagship launch like this one though, I'm expecting $700-$750....or we may see a slim down version of it that has an older CPU, 1080p screen only, and some other hardware cuts.

It will most likely be the same device as sprint maybe world phone and all

I can't find it in the specs online, but the S4 does NOT have a Micro-SD card whereas the S III does. True?
Galaxy devices always have SD card slot and replaceable battery or I haven't found one with out one

Reactions: RogerAgness
Upvote 0
I work for Boost and the store owner just told me the S5 drops for us on April 1st, and it will be priced to compete with the iPhone 5S so expect around a $549 price tag. Imma start saving my cash already so I can get it as soon as it's available to the store I work for, so hopefully a few days before it's official release.

Upvote 0
I work for Boost and the store owner just told me the S5 drops for us on April 1st, and it will be priced to compete with the iPhone 5S so expect around a $549 price tag. Imma start saving my cash already so I can get it as soon as it's available to the store I work for, so hopefully a few days before it's official release.

How is boost gonna release it 10 days before it is released? April fools haha

Upvote 0

I just talked to a source to confirm this...this is not true. The release date has not been given even to the main vendors yet.

Upvote 0

I just talked to a source to confirm this...this is not true. The release date has not been given even to the main vendors yet.

I just talked to a friend who is the owner of several Boost Stores in the midwest, can confirm that store owners do not have this kind of information yet. As for vendors, my friend is going to ask them later today.

Upvote 0
Just got some information from someone who knows a little more

-Boost and Virgin are both getting the S5

-They will be out before May 12th (right now I'm being told April 25th)

-They will be Sprint Spark Capable* (This does not mean the billing system will have it for Boost/Virgin though, there will be more on this in about 2 weeks)

-The price will not be set at $599 or $699 like some have suggested

Upvote 0
Personally, I am plenty happy with my rooted Boost S3 running Kitkat Roms. The new phones are tempting, but besides the price, which is a big issue for me, I would not buy one until I know that it can be rooted and debloated. Plus, the S5 will come with Knox. Not really a problem, unless they have it nailed down even tighter.

I hope that it will be like the S3, in that Boost and VM users will be able to use Sprint Roms.

Upvote 0
Price currently is set at $599 for Boost Mobile.

Unless full price sales don't do well, it will not go any higher

As for the Boost version being a "slim down" version much like the Galaxy S3, that has not been said yet. The product slate does not show any differences besides Boost ID and other Boost software.

I hope you're right...cheaper the better! The price of the phones now days are out of control! It all started by stupid iCrap making up ridiculous prices!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones