• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] [ROM] Warp OEM 2.70

While I dont belittle anyone for what they use a phone/tab for I must point out that this is a PHONE first and foremost, it's not meant to take the most wonderfulf pictures .esp the warp. That being said I'm going to DL INstagram and try out myself....maybe I should post some selfies?

Go for it lol I installed Instagram myself and... it uploads fine. I got a few pics from my gallery and uploaded and had no problems.

Upvote 0
I'm going to try it again. Hopefully it decides to work.
Edit: It froze again.
Edit2: I fixed it before I had restored it from TB and it did not work. For it to work you must uninstall and reinstall it. That's why it worked for Merc because he never had it in the first place.

Sweet, thanks for the fix. I'll post that in the OP. I think that's warranted since a couple people have mentioned having the issue :)

Upvote 0
I just installed this rom a few hours ago coming from noob rom and I gotta say Mercury, its pretty sweet! I just have a few questions (sorry if they've been resolved unbeknownst to me):
1) What's the optimal setCPU settings for this rom in anyone's trials that they could recommend?
2) Is this rom themeable (anyone made a theme for this most recent build?) and/or would uot kitchen work in creating one?
Everything thing else is a go so far (the lil extras really show the amount of time and work that was obviously put into this) except the only thing I've noticed that's buggy/a bit irritating is that when scrolling up and down sometimes it looks like the whole screen shifts and looks a bit choppy, not unlike a slightly choppy framerate skip that I've seen playing certain emulators...but the choppiness of the scrolling doesn't affect the speed at all from my limited time with this rom so far, it just looks funky, like a glitch...anyone else seen/experienced this? I'm no dummy and far from an expert but maybe it's caused by a tiny coding mishap? (I know nothing of writing code btw, but have learned to understand how to read it somewhat just from perusing these forums for information on how to keep my phone running smooth). Just brainstorming here lol

Reactions: mercury0x000d
Upvote 0
Oh, I forgot to mention my process!
:massive facepalm:
Coming from noob VIII.II:
Backed up all apps/app data through TB
Rebooted into CWM recovery
Made a nandroid backup
Ran Superwipe zip to expedite the cleaning process
Installed Warp OEM v2.00
Installed most (but not all) desired apps back through TB in order to do some personal testing with the rom, as early to midway through last year was when I first started testing out roms myself and jumped from one to another frequently around the time the Warp ROM Boom took place lmao. I finally ended up sticking with noob since Sept.-Oct. with really no yearn to switch until recently it just seemed laggy, at least it got that way for me...so I came here looking for a fix and stumbled onto OEM like 2 weeks ago...read up on it, downloaded it and waited my usual time period to see if there were signs of any major or inconvenient problems with this rom and when I found that it was still heralded in high regard, I proceeded to start the process I first described above and now here we are lol. Probably tmi, but I've learned that it's usually better to give too much instead of not enough, especially when troubleshooting :)

Reactions: LilBit
Upvote 0
Oh, I forgot to mention my process!
:massive facepalm:
Coming from noob VIII.II:
Backed up all apps/app data through TB
Rebooted into CWM recovery
Made a nandroid backup
Ran Superwipe zip to expedite the cleaning process
Installed Warp OEM v2.00
Installed most (but not all) desired apps back through TB in order to do some personal testing with the rom, as early to midway through last year was when I first started testing out roms myself and jumped from one to another frequently around the time the Warp ROM Boom took place lmao. I finally ended up sticking with noob since Sept.-Oct. with really no yearn to switch until recently it just seemed laggy, at least it got that way for me...so I came here looking for a fix and stumbled onto OEM like 2 weeks ago...read up on it, downloaded it and waited my usual time period to see if there were signs of any major or inconvenient problems with this rom and when I found that it was still heralded in high regard, I proceeded to start the process I first described above and now here we are lol. Probably tmi, but I've learned that it's usually better to give too much instead of not enough, especially when troubleshooting :)

On my god, sounds like another me lmao.........;)

Upvote 0
Lmao just being real though...upon further analysis the screen stutters look like waves sorta, scrolling up and down makes the screen text and/or graphics perform a ripple effect until the scrolling stops...like I said, it doesn't seem to affect the performance and it's just choppy with no lag...never seen this before lmao it's weird

Upvote 0
I just installed this rom I was using tweak nation rom. Well at start up it still show tweak nation boot up screen and takes forever to reboot
You should wipe data before install this rom comming from other rom.

Read again first post for detailed instructions:
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
Prerequisites: You must have a custom recovery (e.g. CWM or TWRP) installed to be able to load this ROM. Warp OEM is not for all versions of the ZTE Warp, only Boost Mobile customers. A version for Public Mobile is not available.

While it's not strictly necessary, for best results I recommend wiping
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]/data[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif] as well, and restoring any apps from within a management utility such as Titanium Backup. This ROM is heavily modded, and some alterations affect the system at a rather low level.[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]

1. Download the most recent version from the download center above to your SD card.
2. Reboot into recovery.
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Make a complete backup of your device!![/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
4. Use the
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]install from zip[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, sans-serif](CWM) or [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Install[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, sans-serif](TWRP) option to navigate to where you saved the Warp OEM ROM on your SD card and select it.
5. When the installer script finishes, reboot your phone.
[/FONT]

Upvote 0
I just installed this rom a few hours ago coming from noob rom and I gotta say Mercury, its pretty sweet!
Thanks! Glad you like it :)

1) What's the optimal setCPU settings for this rom in anyone's trials that they could recommend?
The ROM defaults (via an init.d script) to 1.4GHz which is Qualcomm's "safe" speed to run at. That said, I've run my Warp for months at 1.8 with no adverse effects.

2) Is this rom themeable (anyone made a theme for this most recent build?) and/or would uot kitchen work in creating one?
It sure is! There haven't been any themes made yet to my knowledge, but I've been meaning to ask Guspeed and some of our other themers if they'd permit Warp OEM ports of the themes they've made for other ROMs, but alas I've not yet done so...

But sure, the UOT Kitchen should theme Warp OEM just fine! Note that you'll have to upload the needed files manually. :)

Probably tmi, but I've learned that it's usually better to give too much instead of not enough, especially when troubleshooting :)
No problem, man! Having an extensive background in software, debugging and helpdesk support, I appreciate your view on this - I couldn't agree more!

Happy to report after testing a few apps and my browser it seems that the lagfix flashable indeed took! So there's that, now, are there any themes out there at all for this rom and if not, then what would be anyone's advice to someone who is willing to tackle uot kitchen for the first time?
Glad you got the smoothness fixed :)

No real tips with UOT, it's pretty straightforward... and has almost every kind of mod you can imagine lol

I'll be eager to see what kind of themes you make!

Upvote 0
I have been running this rom for about 3 weeks, and I rooted and flashed the wifes phone a couple days ago. Last night while typing up a text to her, I received an incoming phone call...my screen went black..and it was like my phone shut down...my text to my wife was sent as a phone call...she was in process of texting her daughter...her phone screen went black...and her text went as a phone call to her daughter...which is on another carrier...the only way out of this was to remove the battery...on both our phones....any ideas?:thinking::thinking:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones