• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bootloop After Restoration

denz13

Lurker
Dec 5, 2011
Hi guys!

I've had an absolute nightmare!

I was running stock ROM, but I wanted to try out VillianROM 3.0 on my Galaxy S2. So I flashed, only to remember that all my contacts were saved to the phone rather than my sim card (I'm changing Sim cards soon, so moved all my contacts to the phone memory in advance). Luckily (I thought...) I'd made a backup on CWM :D ... however, once restored it just boot loops through the Galaxy S2 logo :(

I'm in the UK and its an unbranded handset (bought through phones4u).

I've done a load of reading tonight and the only thing I can come up with is that I need to match the exact same ROM/Kernal as I had before, then try restore. But without knowing what I had before.. how can I do this? Is there any way to recover my contacts from the backup I've done in CWM?

Forgot to add, I've already tried Wipe Data/Cache/Dalvik etc

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones