• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Break market link for an app I don't have installed

Davey102

Lurker
Sep 25, 2011
Hi y'all. I have a problem similar to the one below but different in that it relates to an app I don't actually have installed.

http://androidforums.com/android-applications/174460-i-want-break-market-link.html

The app is 'Lovely Beach Live Wallpaper', which I believe came bundled with the stock ROM on my SGS2. I think I must have used Titanium Backup to create a Market link for it in the first place.

Now I'm using another ROM without it and it keeps asking me to update the app but the update is declined because I haven't paid for it. I can't uninstall because it's not installed and I can't install because the only option is 'Update'.

Titanium Backup naturally doesn't list it because it's not installed. I installed another paid app called MyToolbox (for less than 15 minutes) but had the same problem there. Short of flashing a stock ROM, breaking the link and then flashing back to where I am now, how can I stop this appearing in my list of updates?

Cheers :D
Dave

Market does need a way to remove an app you have either deleted or now do not have since you changed phones.
I really think removing an app from "my apps" would give feedback from those who don't post comments.

Even Yahoo put up a box with "why are you changing back to Classic email" if you decided you didn't like the new email. You could give any reason if there was not a button for your reason.

Market could do the same. "Why are you deleting this app?"
1 - doesn't run on new phone (give OS)
2 - app needs work
3 - app crashes phone, etc.

Maybe people wouldn't fill that out, either. But you should still be able to remove it from your list.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones