• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

karlcoot

May 9, 2010
What are people's opinions on the browsers available for the desire?

I've only used the HTC stock browser so far and have been impressed. Especially when you pinch zoom and it reorganises the text to fit on the screen.

I have read, however, that it is very data hungry when downloading pages so is there a browser that isn't so hungry but still very good to use?

Please, post your opinions on all that you have tried!

Thanks all for your responses!

@lekky. I read in a thread on here regarding huge data charges that the stock browser led to some big data downloads whilst using it. I think in the same thread they said that opera mini didn't use anywhere near as much.

Not going to be huge, use 3g watchdog to keep track of your data usage and you'll be perfectly fine with the stock one.

The mods should do a test with all the different browsers.

Which one is the best?
Dolphin HD
SKyfire
HTC stock browser
Opera mini

Would be nice to know.

Dolphin and stock are the best by far. I would urge everyone to try both to see which they prefer.

Skyfire is ugly as sin, but it does play more flash vids that others. However this is not needed on 2.2. I would say its so ugly i'd rather not watch the vids tbh.

Opera mini is faster, but it applies its own themes to pages, and i think it makes them look a lot worse. I don't like the home page feature of it either.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones