• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help BT Homehub/Android 2.2 Wifi solution

badgerwolf

Lurker
May 10, 2011
Hi all

Ive been searching for a solution for a fix for my HTC Desire on 2.2 which suddenly stopped connecting to my homehub wifi a few days ago. It would find the hub and recognise it..but would get stuck at obtaining the IP address...time out...and repeat the process without connecting.

It appears that BT have been rolling out a firmware update to their boxes that nobody was aware off! The bones of it is that your PC still connects fine but your smartphone doesnt. This leads you to think its an issue with the phone. It is not!

2.1 seems unaffected, but a percentage of 2.2 phones have had the issue. Ive spent three days on every android/htc forum under the sun and found no solution til i found a BT forum.

The new firmware needs a full system reset of your box to allow your Android 2.2 phone to reconnect to the internet. You simply locate the pinhole reset button and push. A normal hub reset doesnt do anything and neither does turning the box on and off at the plug

Its such a simple fix, but its not down on any of the forums. BT have been giving their usual 'service' to many and have not alerted anyone to this firmware issue. The same firmware issue is being rolled out the last six weeks and more people are having this frustrating issue.

Spread the word

Thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones