• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Buying EVO at bestbuy?

does BB allow you to return/exchange phones within the 30 day trial? I really don't want to screw sprint over, but the current phone i've been using for 2 years is crapping out on me. The battery lasts about 10 hours on standby, and it's been randomly shutting off every hour or so. I would like to just get a low end phone somewhere around the 13th of May to hold me over til the evo, then take it back when teh evo is released. So, does BB do this? Or will I have to wait til the Sprint stores get them?

Upvote 0
anyone? bueller?

If the past is any indication then if you order online with sprint it will be shipped on launch day. Depending on when that is. Best Buy didnt do online pre-orders for the pre or hero. But u could go into the store and put a $50 deposit down for the hero. they would then add u to a list and give u a best buy gift card worth $50 to bring with you to go towards the purchase of your phone.

Also if you were a rewards zone member u could get it a couple days early. Tho i had to talk to 3 different people before i found someone who knew what i was talking about

Upvote 0
Ok, so I don't shop at Best Buy nearly at all.

Do you have to pay to become a 'Rewards Zone' member, or is it easy and free to sign up?

I just don't want to get screwed on possibly getting the EVO early because I may not be a Rewards Zone member.

It's free and easy to sign up for in store. I used to sign up people all the time when I worked there.

Upvote 0
Anyone know if BB is able to apply employee discounts for new customers? I know I can add it later but that means a bit of a delay before it kicks in. Also, I'm assuming they can transfer numbers from another carrier without issue?

Yes and Yes. Just have to bring proof of employment for the discount and your account number to transfer numbers

does BB allow you to return/exchange phones within the 30 day trial? I really don't want to screw sprint over, but the current phone i've been using for 2 years is crapping out on me. The battery lasts about 10 hours on standby, and it's been randomly shutting off every hour or so. I would like to just get a low end phone somewhere around the 13th of May to hold me over til the evo, then take it back when teh evo is released. So, does BB do this? Or will I have to wait til the Sprint stores get them?

Yes Best buy has a 30 day exchange/return policy on phones. Thought you may want to wait for a hard release date before doing that just incase its over 30 days. And i would definately recommend preordering

And yet again will all the pricing things. Best buy will match any price as an FYI

Upvote 0
What are the chances of me buying the EVO at BB and them letting me open and activate it when I get home? Slim to none? This is with me signing a new 2 year agreement by the way.

I'm wondering this too, can you simply buy it and just ask a BB worker you'd prefer to take it home and open it yourself?

I don't see the big deal, but I don't want anyone's hands touching my EVO before me! :mad:

:D

Upvote 0
Any BB employee here knows the answer? Guess I will have to call them tomorrow and ask.

I doubt it, it has to be rung up with contract at the register. Otherwise, it will ring up at full price. I'm sure they will let you open the box and put a screen protector on it first though. At least my guys would.

BB doesn't want people buying phones at contract price and Ebaying them. We can't change the prices at the register w/o manager approval and a manager will NOT approve that.

Reactions: tp2386
Upvote 0
I doubt it, it has to be rung up with contract at the register. Otherwise, it will ring up at full price. I'm sure they will let you open the box and put a screen protector on it first though. At least my guys would.

BB doesn't want people buying phones at contract price and Ebaying them. We can't change the prices at the register w/o manager approval and a manager will NOT approve that.

mpbound, how good is your BB at price-matching? If Wirefly or another fairly big website sells it for 50 bucks cheaper for instance, would it be simple to get BB to price match it?

Also, do you know what brand skin protectors your store carries? Are any particularly good? Is the price reasonable for them, and typically, would an employee be able to help you apply it?

Sorry for all the questions, but I appreciate your info :)

Upvote 0
I don't think this has been asked/answered yet.

I'm just curious if Best Buy accepts Reward Zone $$ on new items and things like phones. I don't really see why they wouldn't, but you never know. Some places have certain clauses and requirements regarding their own cash vouchers. I'd rather be safe than sorry, also I will have a better estimate of money I will need to raise this month to cover the costs.

Upvote 0
I don't think this has been asked/answered yet.

I'm just curious if Best Buy accepts Reward Zone $$ on new items and things like phones. I don't really see why they wouldn't, but you never know. Some places have certain clauses and requirements regarding their own cash vouchers. I'd rather be safe than sorry, also I will have a better estimate of money I will need to raise this month to cover the costs.

It can be used just like cash inside their stores...phones included.

Reactions: PyroSporker
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones