• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Buzzing noise issue with Galaxy S7

seanjk

Lurker
Mar 21, 2016
Does anyone have buzzing noise issue with Galaxy S7?

After calling using the earbud included, if I play music, then there is buzzing noise not only through earbud but also through the internal speaker. I contacted Samsung rep. and he told me that restart the phone. After restarting, the noise disappeared, but once I call using earbud, then there is a noise again. Rep. told me to do factory reset. I've done it, it went back to normal. but again, after calling, the noise comes again.
Finally I exchanged the phone. It seemed to be okay, but now, I didn't even using the earbud for calling, but at some point, I hear the noise again.

I'm wondering if anyone has the same issue.
no rooted.

Same problem here. It's actually getting worse and worse. It used to just be with headphones, and it was minor and tolerable and I just figured I had a crappy set of factory headphones and was okay with it... But now it translates over through bluetooth headsets, to my bluetooth car stereo, even a plugged in auxiliary speaker, and worst of all, the speaker directly built into the phone itself. Clearly it's not a hardware issue with every speaker or set listed, it's a problem with the phone itself, be it the phone's hardware or the phone's sound processing software. It's also not just with music, it's with calls as well. Sometimes it's hard to get a decent speakerphone conversation without it buzzing every time someone says anything. I just want to know if there's a fix or if this is known enough to get one. It's frustrating, as the sound quality, aside from the buzzing, is actually really damn good, and really, you don't expect something like this from an 800 dollar piece of equipment regardless.

I'm not rooted, got the phone the day it came out, and have only been using vanilla apps aside from a few language learning programs, and just now, a single game. Nothing different, nothing extensive, and it's been doing it since maybe a week after getting it, but to be honest, it could have been doing it the whole time because the first week I didn't use it much aside from calls since I was on a business trip.

Upvote 0
That would be a problem, given that most of the apps have some sort of mic control, and most of those I use often. What was the specific app you deleted, maybe I can find the same thing on mine that's causing issues, or at least something similar that can give me a starting point at trying to find the golden needle in the pile of brass needles.

Upvote 0
This works although it's temporary until when/IF a patch comes out.
I could NEVER just LIVE with it.
My main reason for even HAVING a cell is for the MUSIC!

How to clear the system cache on the Galaxy S7:

1. Turn the Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 Edge off
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up, Power and Home buttons at the same time until the Android logo shows up and the phone vibrates
  3. Then let go of the Power button and continue to hold the other buttons
  4. Use the volume buttons to scroll down to highlight Wipe Cache Partition
  5. Press the Power button
  6. Scroll down to Yes and press the Power button
  7. Scroll to Reboot System Now and press Power
  8. Your Galaxy S7 will reboot with a cleared system cache

Upvote 0
Hey guys,
I'm experiencing the buzzing/static noise on my Galaxy S7(SM-G930F), only when the volume on max level during calls, but only from my internal/external speakers. I don't have the problem when I plug my earphones. I belive that the high volume somehow "shaking" in internal hardware or something. I don't use 100% volume unless I barely hear the other side, so most of time I don't hear the buzzing noise due to lower volume. I wonder if you guys also notice that. I've this problem since I bought the phone(no damage to blame ). I contacted Samsung about it and they also think that the buzzing sounds is due to the high volume "shaking" some internal hardware. they told me that I can bring the device for checking, but I decided not to because in my case I can live with it & the less people mass with my phone the better.

Thanks in advance for the replies! ;)

Upvote 0
Does anyone have buzzing noise issue with Galaxy S7?

After calling using the earbud included, if I play music, then there is buzzing noise not only through earbud but also through the internal speaker. I contacted Samsung rep. and he told me that restart the phone. After restarting, the noise disappeared, but once I call using earbud, then there is a noise again. Rep. told me to do factory reset. I've done it, it went back to normal. but again, after calling, the noise comes again.
Finally I exchanged the phone. It seemed to be okay, but now, I didn't even using the earbud for calling, but at some point, I hear the noise again.

I'm wondering if anyone has the same issue.
no rooted.

Upvote 0

I have the same issue. Everytime I call/recieve a call, it buzzes through the internal speaker/aux out port. You may be blessed actually because for me the trade off is worth the minor annoyance. Open your phone into developor mode then open the device your trying to connect to into developor mode. My hotspot does not register data using this method. It appears to register under data usage and even recieved a push message stating I have used excessive data blah blah. I discovered it by accident. You can youtube instructions on how to do this. I will not provide a source. I even called my service provider because I was worried of data overages. It only registered 2.81gb they claimed and I use over 100gb a month streaming a 4k smart tv.

Upvote 0
Solved x2!
I had the same issue with excessive static from the phone speaker suddenly arise. What worked for me was deleting an app called Rocker Locker.

Secondly, the same static would come out of an audio system I have when connected through the phone's 3.5mm port, but there would be no static through headphones even when connected using the same cable. What worked for this case was to enable UHQ mode in the sound settings -- the static was eliminated. Interestingly, when I turned UHQ off again, the static didn't come back. So if you're connected to an output like 3.5mm or Bluetooth and this happens, toggle that setting. I only just tried this so I don't know for how long it will work, but it does for now.

(Further reading: I do realize the discrepancy between the sound system and my headphones would be the amplification of the sound system, but in my case I tested the same cable with a very sensitive pair of headphones that would be sure to reveal any static, listening carefully, and all that resulted was silence (without having done anything to the UHQ setting, initially off). I should also note that while my sound system does produce some static just on its own, when I had connected the phone before toggling UHQ, a distinctly different static came through that was unique to the phone being connected.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones